How is this possible?

Options
Hi everyone!

Two questions really, firstly, how is it possible that I exercise and eat under (not waay under just 100 or so calories less) what is suggested and what i do eat is healthy yet I have put on weight and feel heavier?
Secondly, the weather isn't the best here at the moment so does anyone have any really heavy workouts that I can do inside? I have a stepper but I think the neighbours might come knocking if I use it at midnight again.
ANY help is brilliant!
Thanks!
:flowerforyou:
74558.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• bird
    bird Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Two questions really, firstly, how is it possible that I exercise and eat under (not waay under just 100 or so calories less) what is suggested and what i do eat is healthy yet I have put on weight and feel heavier?
    Secondly, the weather isn't the best here at the moment so does anyone have any really heavy workouts that I can do inside? I have a stepper but I think the neighbours might come knocking if I use it at midnight again.
    ANY help is brilliant!
    Thanks!
    74558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You are probably gaining muscle and your body is switching gears... how long have you been doing this new lifestyle?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hey Bird,

Didn't you say a few days ago that you've lost centimeters? If so, that's your answer--you're toning up, and losing fat while gaining some muscle. Muscle is heavier BY VOLUME than fat, so while you lose inches you might not see any weight loss right now.

Also, make sure you're eating enough calories and eating your exercise calories!
  • bird
    bird Posts: 19
    Options
    Cheers, yeah I have lost centimetres but I feel fat. Hard to explain!

Thanks for your posts though!

I have been doing this consciouslly healthy eating thing for three months now. May be just hit a plateau?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    You don't have a lot to lose, so it will be harder.

But also, you might need to increase your calories. Many people have found out that they need more calories because their bodies weren't getting enough fuel, so were holding on to whatever they ate. Try upping your calories a bit and see if that helps.