Options

Replies

• Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    Everything sounds so good.
  • katiemeridien
    Options
    Sounds like I'll need to go on Amazon this evening! I need some new recipies.. baked bland chicken and salad is soooooo boring.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    200 under 200 book is cool. My fave:

One avocado plus one can of young green peas (blenderize it up) plus all the salsa/seasonings as usual and you have a fine guacamole that you can eat the entire bowl!

What do you put it on? Baked Nacho's?? I really miss chips and salsa!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I learned about VitaTops from her and am very thankful! It's like a muffin top, but only has 100 calories of fiber. So, it's a snack that lasts and is awesome for chocolate cravings. I take a frozen "deep chocolate" one, slice it in half and put a blob of fat free cool whip in the middle. It's an amazing ice cream sandwich that's guilt free!

Sounds good - where can I find VitaTops?
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I learned about VitaTops from her and am very thankful! It's like a muffin top, but only has 100 calories of fiber. So, it's a snack that lasts and is awesome for chocolate cravings. I take a frozen "deep chocolate" one, slice it in half and put a blob of fat free cool whip in the middle. It's an amazing ice cream sandwich that's guilt free!

Sounds good - where can I find VitaTops?

Depending on where you live.. I live in Canada and get them at Superstore. But I've heard others that live in the US who get them at Walmart. They are in the frozen food section though.. near where the frozen pancakes and waffles are.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Def going to get a package of vita tops..... the test will be to see if i can not eat the whole package in 2 days :/ hahaha
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I thought you could only buy them online.
    Definitely picking some up!! *drool*
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    the only thing I had a real problem with was the tofu noodles...they are just so weird to me I can't eat them
  • AngiMoss
    AngiMoss Posts: 77
    Options
    Yeah, those tofu noodles were hard to choke down. Strange texture.

As far as VitaTops, I get them at Safeway in the frozen "healthy" section, where they keep the natural foods. Some places have them near the waffles like one person mentioned. They run about $6 a box and there are only 4 in a box, but dammit, sometimes it's worth it. If you can't find them, they can be ordered. The website has a TON of flavors that the stores don't seem to carry. Plus, they often send out coupons & junk if you subscribe to their email list.
    http://www.vitalicious.com/store-vitatops.html?gclid=CMv6yLa306cCFQI3gwodpU-p-w
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    her lettuce wraps are ingenious, and you don't even need a recipe for them. just take the lettuce leaf, and wrap up some healthy stuff, meat, beans, cheese, nom nom
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Here in VA / USA, I buy Vitatops at Kroger. They are in the freezer section with the organic and soy based items.
  • evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Go to her website, type in "nacho-rific chicken," and the second link down (Mexi-something...) has a recipe for a nacho chicken that is un-believable. My husband SO does not love "diet" food, and he didn't even know the difference. It is delicious.
  • crnorwood
    crnorwood Posts: 29
    Options
    I too am pretty freakin' excited about this website!! I've probably printed off 20 recipes that I can't wait to try!! :)
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Go to her website, type in "nacho-rific chicken," and the second link down (Mexi-something...) has a recipe for a nacho chicken that is un-believable. My husband SO does not love "diet" food, and he didn't even know the difference. It is delicious.
    She made this recipe on her cooking show and it looked so good!
  • loro1971
    loro1971 Posts: 135
    Options
    love hungry girl.... also check out skinnytaste.com AMAZING RECIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    love hungry girl.... also check out skinnytaste.com AMAZING RECIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cool! Thanks!
  • sherryperez22
    Options
    please tell me the recipe for brownie muffins
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    What do you put in your muffins? I love hungry girl and I have not heard of the muffins.

its just cake mix and pumkin puree..very simple and easy

of all the cookbooks i've seen my favorite is 200 under 200 calories

i tried the muffins but the came out heavy like a ton of bricks and i didn't care for the taste. did you add water or anything else? i must have done something wrong because too many people say they are good for it not to be true.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Here in VA / USA, I buy Vitatops at Kroger. They are in the freezer section with the organic and soy based items.

and they are yummy too! :)
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    I have one of her books, but I've never tried anything yet. Guess tomorrow I will crack open the book and plan a few meals!