venting

Options
Oh my, I just wrote a whole sob story for you guys because I needed to vent and when I went to send it, I didn't have a subject line and it deleted it I think......so I'll make this one shorter! I have been using the site since Nov. 5th, it has been great. My story, I put on 10lbs over the last year becasue I started working midnights. The site has shown me that I have been eating four meals a day instead of the three I was used too. I have learned to spread my cals over a 24hr period now and it has been working great! Now the pouting.......I exerisice and really need those calories that I burn. 1200 cals is not a lot in a day and I depend on my jogging and step classes.......I TWISTED MY ANKLE YESTERDAY!
No running, no step, barely weight baring! I have worked so hard and invested a lot of time over the last 17 days, I have looked up and documented everything.......I'm scared I will sabatoge it now. I really want my Thai food tonight! Thanks for listening! Just venting!

Anne

Replies

• deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Oh my, I just wrote a whole sob story for you guys because I needed to vent and when I went to send it, I didn't have a subject line and it deleted it I think......so I'll make this one shorter! I have been using the site since Nov. 5th, it has been great. My story, I put on 10lbs over the last year becasue I started working midnights. The site has shown me that I have been eating four meals a day instead of the three I was used too. I have learned to spread my cals over a 24hr period now and it has been working great! Now the pouting.......I exerisice and really need those calories that I burn. 1200 cals is not a lot in a day and I depend on my jogging and step classes.......I TWISTED MY ANKLE YESTERDAY!
    No running, no step, barely weight baring! I have worked so hard and invested a lot of time over the last 17 days, I have looked up and documented everything.......I'm scared I will sabatoge it now. I really want my Thai food tonight! Thanks for listening! Just venting!

Anne
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    That sucks! There was a similar post lately where folks were suggesting doing upper body exercises from a chair, swimming and other things as alternatives for the duration of the convalesence. I'm sure if you use your imagination you can still get some cals burned, but I guess you'll be wanting to keep a close eye on on your exercise and food diary for the next while. :smile:

Hope you feel better soon.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I just read about a great exercise that you can do with a hurt ankle. I don't know if your gym has one, they are a bit old fashioned, but a rowing machine give you a total body workout. If your in a mild climate, you may be able to take rowing classes through some sort of university informal classes. It burns a BUNCH of calories as well.
    As a side note, I think I would like to become a personal trainer, so I'm doing a lot of research into special needs fitness. If you need something other than water type activities, maybe I can do more research.
  • tdroseler
    Options
    deanea
    That sucks!!!
    I can certainly see why you are discouraged.
    lol...everything that i want to type for this line is a chiche, lol.
    Bottom line...you just have to get creative. There are lots of things you can still do. I think cmriverside mentioned in a former topic...go walking, with your crutches. I know you can do some strength training without using your ankle. Just make sure you are conscious of what you are eating, and the calories. You may wish to make some changes, to "lighter" foods.
    The good news is...this won't last forever. And when you are passed it, you can look back and say "yay!!! i did it"
    Keep your spirits up.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great idea, marywilldiet!

I forgot how much I used to love using the Rowing Machine!

Angela