Curves for Women

Options
I have been debating on joining Curves, does anyone have any input about their programs? I have heard good and bad things from people, but not anyone who is actively trying to lose weight and be fit. Any opinions and information you have would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• amcnealpierce
    Options
    I did curves two years ago and doing their workout for at least 30 -45 minutes a day and watching calories really does work. I lost nearly a hundred pounds. Then I got lazy.... stopped going for a year.... eating the wrong things.... and put all my weight back on. Dedicated my self back to Curves training two months ago and have lost 15 pounds already. So YES. It does work.:happy:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I tried them - more than a few years ago. I found that I got bored, not enough variety for me. Their hours were not compatible with my available times. It just depends on what you like to do and who you do it with. I live in a small town, and a lot of times, it was all ladies that knew each other having a grand old time chatting and justo going through the motions, not so much working hard.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I went to curves for about 2 years. I LOVED it. It was easy to understand what to do, when to change stations etc. So as a beginner in the "gym world" its practically idiot proof - which I liked. Also, I loved the music, it kept me motivated and kept the energy up. I also at the time liked that it was women only so I didn't feel self-conscious while learning how to do stuff. At that time, I also travelled and used curves in other cities as that's included in your membership. That was a nice perk, and it also meant I didn't have to stop my exercise routine just because of travel.

I've since moved away, and there isn't one where I live now. Plus now that I've gotten more comfortable in gyms and how to use the equipment and set up my own routines, I enjoy our local co-ed gym. I don't feel self -conscious any more and the added bonus is that my hubby is often able to go with me.

BTW: while going to curves, I took off about 30 pounds just the exercise - I basically did not change my diet at that time. Plus I felt better, and that's really a good thing. :)
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    I did Curves for about 4 years. 2 of those years was consistently. I lost weight, firmed up a LOT and really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. They conduct challenges too that I managed to win once in a while. It's a really great place if you can go during their open hours.

Life got in my way and I had to concede to the fact that I simply couldn't squeeze it in any more. It's a full body work-out in 1/2 hour a day.

Give it a fair chance and it will do you well :happy:
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input gals. I am going to do the 1 week trial and see how I like it and how it fits into my schedule. Hopefully it will be something I can do to help me reach my goal! One of my goals is to tone up, so it should help me great in that area.