MFP database

Smill82
Smill82 Posts: 4
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Has anyone else noticed that the database on MFP seems off most of the time? I'll get something at a restaurant and check on here the calorie count and it's always off by over 100 calories (when compared to the restaurant website).

Just venting but it seems like if we're here to lose weight then it would be helpful if the database was accurate.

Replies

• aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    If I find it different I normally just add it in...
  • I've noticed that as well, but I like it. That way I know for sure I'm not going over on anything since I've actually taken in less than what it says. But then again, I'm also the freak that sets my clocks 10 minutes ahead so I'm not late. :)
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Keep in mind the database entries are from other MPF members. There are tons of inaccurate entries. You can go in and edit any entry you see by clicking on "nutritional information" under the name of the item when you bring it up on the database. I always make sure I am selecting items that have multiple confirmations. When all else fails, make your own new entry with the correct information...that way it will be there for you in the future. I wish they did monitor the database more closely for accuracy.
This discussion has been closed.