my doctor recomed low carb for several reasons
dose anyone know anything about it and give some tips
thanks
karen

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Basically you should completely give up all "white carbs" such as white bread, white rice, most baking items (made with white flour). It is extremely beneficial to consume some good "complex" carbs each day . . . think WHOLE grains here . . . 100% whole wheat bread, oatmeal, and LOTS of veggies. Carbs are what give your body energy so it is important to not completely exclude this important food group all together. Just be very "choosy" about what type of carb it is.
  • TamiHudson
    TamiHudson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do educate yourself on the good carbs vs bad carbs and begin eating the good carbs (sweet potatos, 100% whole grain breads, for example) ... your body needs a certain amount of (good) carbs a day to give you energy and help you burn stored fat. If you google "good carbs"...you should come up with a great resource list, including the Super Foods - another great way to add the "right" foods into your diet...including dark chocolate!! :)

Good luck!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well did he tell you how many carbs per day? Are we talking Atkins or Southbeach or just a cut back on your daily amount.
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    "EAT CLEAN" by Tosca Reno. Go to library read up. I have been following clean eating for 6 weeks now, lost 12 lbs and feel great!
  • harley7598
    Options
    I have currently started the low carb diet again, the previous time I lost over 30 lbs ... I found Atkins.com very helpful, it is a free website and has receipes, good vs bad carbs and all kind of helpful information. Good Luck
  • kelmiscas
    Options
    My husband and I do low carb all the time. It is a great diet and thanks to the internet I find good easy to make low carb meals that even my kids enough. I lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks with low carb eating and working out 90 mins a day. I have some great recipes I would be happy to share if your interested.