The FT4 versus the FT7F

Options
I'm talking Polar HRM. Which do you prefer? I am researching them both, but trying to get real opinions because I do not want to make a hasty decision and regret getting one or the other. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am really happy with my FT4! Don't know much about the other one, so I can't compare, but I am really happy with what I have! :)
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I got the FT7 over the FT4 based on the data files capacity - which is essentially, one of the primary differences. I am not uploading data files to my computer, so the storage space difference was worth the extra $30/$40.
  • jksn2nlove
    Options
    I just got the FT4 last week and love it! It is easy to program and comes with a chest strap :wink:
  • KatyG0409
    KatyG0409 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That helps! The FT7F is more expensive, but that doesn't mean it is better. I don't want anything super difficult, just want to know an accurate calorie burn really and safe HR range.
  • Pinkribbon_Doc
    Options
    FYI i literally just bought a FT4 10 minutes ago from amazon. Only $60!! They only had a few left so if you want one, go grab one now!
  • KatyG0409
    Options
    Did yours come with a chest strap? I think I am leaning towards the FT7 because it clearly has more features and they are all important to me.
  • Pinkribbon_Doc
    Options
    Yes, it comes with a chest strap
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I struggled with the same thing. went with the ft7. LOVE IT! i like that it holds the info... and when i workout on a machine... it transmits my hr to the machine so i dont have to keep checking the watch. totally worth it to me.
  • KatyG0409
    Options
    Thanks for all of your help and opinions! I am definitely going with the FT7...just can't decide on the black/gold or the red/silver. lol
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I ordered the FT7 as well because of the extra features but I haven't received it yet. Froml what I gather both are very good models!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I ordered the FT7 as well because of the extra features but I haven't received it yet. Froml what I gather both are very good models!
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    A major difference between the FT4 and the FT7 is that with the FT7 you can upload your data to a computer if you buy the necessary accessories. While the FT7 can store more workouts (99), the FT4 does hold some (10). Personally, I have the FT7, but I don't use all of the features it has over the FT4. I definitely could have gotten away with the FT4 for the way I use an HRM, but I got the FT7 because I liked the colors better.

You can compare the models on the Polar site: http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/compare?product1=nid_23350
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your help and opinions! I am definitely going with the FT7...just can't decide on the black/gold or the red/silver. lol

I got the men's FT7 black and silver =)
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    my ft4 will be arriving today.

when i did my research it showed that they are almost identical in features but that the 7 has more storage capacity.

i ended up going with the 4 since i'd still be getting the same info and plan to keep my data on a spreadsheet of my own making. so the extra memory wasnt really a need.

i'll be happy to let you knw what i think of it. i'm pretty excited!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and you don't have to send it back to Polar to have the battery replaced like you do with the FT4. You can do it yourself.

That was a HUGE deciding factor for me when looking at both.
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options

My fiance has the black/red and I have the black/silver. :)
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I have the FT7 and LOVE it. The chest strap is so comfortable. You'll love it!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    FYI i literally just bought a FT4 10 minutes ago from amazon. Only $60!! They only had a few left so if you want one, go grab one now!

where did you buy it from??

edit: which seller??
  • KatyG0409
    Options
    I ordered the FT7 in Red and Silver! I am planning on uploading it to my computer and tracking so I can keep better tabs on the patterns I am setting for myself.
  • Scidoc
    Scidoc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love my FT4!!!! :D