How much carbs???

Options
missb92
missb92 Posts: 200 Member
Ive been on MFP for the last week and a half now and so far its been going great...losing weight and not going over my food goals in pretty much every group (carbs, protein etc) BUT im just after realising that my carb goal is quite high..193 to be exact.

Is this healthy to follow or should I reduce it?? And if so how much?? I appear to be eating well over 100 everyday but never over it. How bad is it??

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    not bad at all, if they are the right kind of carbs. Whole grain, veggies, fruit. Avoid anything white (white bread, white rice, white pasta, refined sugar, etc.)
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I set my goal this week to keep it at 150 or below. I like the challenge :)
  • OUKoala23
    OUKoala23 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hmm... Maybe you had set your personal preferences or goals to match an active lifestyle and / or that you planned to work out a lot ? Good Carbs (not anything white) would be used to keep your energy up when doing harder work outs or you have an job that keeps you on your feet so you are using that energy and not storing it as fat.... ?
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I eat between 400-500 grams of carbs a day. It depends on the person and what kind of program they want to follow. If you prefer a lower carb program you can cut it, and if you prefer a higher carb program you can raise it. It depends on what your body seems to respond best to, what kind of workouts you're doing, and what your goals are. My best recommendation is that if you are achieving your goals with what you are doing, why change it?