HELP? Anyone know how to log P90X?

Options
I am not following the whole disk set, there are a few work outs I like to do here and there, and I am also working out at the gym, I've found that perfect routine that works my body and is showing results, so you ask what is the problem? How do I properly log my calories burned from P90X- I don't own a HRM (maybe it's time to invest?) and I find online and in the book each session is about 600 cals?? Any pointers would help THANKS! :)

SW 191
GW 135

Current weight 161

Replies

• sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can't go off a book as your intensity and weight have a factor. The best thing to do is invest in a HRM. I love mine! It gives an accurate reading of what you actually burn.
  • istutzman
    istutzman Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with logging my exercise doing the Insanity dvd's.
  • istutzman
    istutzman Posts: 64
    Options
    Stupid question but whats an HRM?
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different...You will need to get a 'Heart Rate Monitor' (HRM)...Now, it just depends on what kind you want and how much you're willin' to spend...best wishes xo
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    it's a Heart Rate Monitor. It monitors your heart rate through out your work outs and tells you how many calories you have burned. Get one with a chest strap! I have a polar FT4 and i love it!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    As other have said, you need a Heart Rate Monitor and then they are really only good for cardio workouts. The algorithm most use is not very accurate for resistence training. I don't even wear mine doing the P90X resistance workouts, only for cardio.

When I do Plyometrics, I burn 740 calories on average with a max HR of 170 and ave. of 138 or so.
    I have friends that burn upwards of 90o at roughly the same weight as me but have higher max hr and ave hr.

Tim
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Time to invest in an HRM. I was reading my Turbo Fire guides yesterday, and it said the "average" burn for a work out is around 650 cals. Being that each workout is pretty different, I bought an HRM just to be sure. I burned not quite 300 cals this morning. I would have been way off if I went by the book.
  • kevbrinks
    kevbrinks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A Heart Rate Monitor is the only way to be even slightly accurate - calories burned will be dependent on how hard you "bring it" each day :)
  • bethymay123
    Options
    I love using my hart rate monitor. It lets me know more accuratly how much I burn
  • BrookeReneshelle
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE :) I WILL DEFF BE BUYING A HRM SOON. THESE RESULTS ARE ADDICTING, JUST CAN"T WAIT TO SEE MORE! :)

SW 191
    GW 135

CW 161