Salutations

Options
So we should introduce ourselves to the group at large. Here is my introduction:

I am a female, aged 31, living in Tempe, AZ and I am looking to lose 96 lbs or more. My supposed ideal weight is from 130-150 and I am currently at 243.4 as of this morning.

I find that lowering my calorie intake is the only thing that keeps the pounds off-however the problem is that I hate cooking so I eat out all the time and tend to graze when I am at home. Thankfully though, I no longer have braces and I find chewing gum helps. :)

I am a Justice of the Peace and so I tend to sit a *lot* because being a JP means hearing cases...endless never ending cases.

That is about it for my introduction. Nice to meet you. :)

Replies

• deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Nice to meet you! You came to the right place. You will definitely find alot of motivation here.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • dorktv
    dorktv Posts: 30
    Options
    I see that. I am going to find something that helps with wanting fast food all the time-I wonder if anyone has ever had to deal with a problem smelling and that making hard to eat foods with subtle flavors?
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • crodriguez070
    Options
    It can very hard to avoid those yummy foods, but that's where eating smarter comes in. I CANNOT stop eating my favorite foods. When I attempted to do so I ended up coming right back and splurging on my fav's and gaining the weight I had lost. I recommend to start of slow. If your craving a burger. Try ordering a kids meal or eating just the burger and no fries and soft drink. Cutting back on fries and coke will save you almost 500 calories! There's nothing wrong w/ eating your favorite foods, just try to minimize the portion and the number of times a week you treat yourself.
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    Hello,I joined My fitness pal 7 days ago.I have lost 2lbs in the 7 days.This is just the begining of many more.Great site allows me to keep track of everything I do during the day.
  • Earthhorse
    Earthhorse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't cut out foods you love all at once and you do need to treat yourself. I would say if you sit a lot you should really find time to add in a walk before or after work. My husband manages to get his work in at lunch lol Even a 20 minute walk each day will help you now. I don't even mean a power walk. I lost 30 pounds by walking, watching what I eat and cutting out pop all together. (Of course I got lazy and gained it all back eventually lol)
    Also being on here and logging your food everyday will make you more aware of the calories you are putting into your body versus the amount you burn.
    Wish you the best of luck :D
  • dorktv
    dorktv Posts: 30
    Options
    Hello,I joined My fitness pal 7 days ago.I have lost 2lbs in the 7 days.This is just the begining of many more.Great site allows me to keep track of everything I do during the day.

Nifty!