One day skinny..next day not

Options
I took some pictures on saturday night and my face looked like i def lost weight in it. Like def! But then I took pics on sunday..and not so much. like what the hell? I feel like somedays I look skinnier and then the next not so skinnier. Its annoying! I'm paranoid that if i have like one or 2 bad days the weight is going to come back like over night! ahhh

Replies

• iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i feel the exact same way you do... i think it has something to do with water, but im unsure.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Could be the lightin', the angle etc.

Don't stress over it to much...:wink:
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Water retention, probably......I feel the same way at times! It could be mood as well, some days you feel on top of the world and can see your results....then the next your in a bad place and can't see any! It's a roller coaster ride for sure, this weight loss journey but don't get discouraged!! And remember, the scale can flucuate between a +1 to +5 gain in a day....this is not FAT gain, it's usually just water retention :smile:
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. I go throught the same thing. One day I feel "skinnier" and I can notice the changes in my body, and other days I feel like my actually weight and my body looks like it never changed.
  • barneygoogle
    Options
    When that happens to me, I stand a few feet further from the camera.
  • komplexlysimple
    Options
    Maybe water retention.... Maybe check out your sodium intake.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me, I stand a few feet further from the camera.

...or just put the camera away lol
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    It's definitely the angle of the camera/lighting. Don't stress over that :).
    Although I totally get what you mean about all the weight coming back.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time, I have been told I have BDD.....its so frustrating!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    bdd is body something disorder right?
  • MaryBeth1989
    Options
    You are not alone. I feel the same way. Some days I feel great and others especially after a bad day I feel awful!
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    It's all in the angles you take the picture
  • moretash
    moretash Posts: 1
    Options
    Each day can be different from the next dependent on what you eat (more or less carbs for example), how much water you have, how much movement you do during the day, and where you are in your cycle. I work at a desk - sitting ALL day - so a change in my diet, like less carbs for lunch or even a big salad (fibrous greens take more to digest) can make me feel twice as big.

With things like water retention it's vital to - ironically - drink more water. You need to flush it out. If you're frustrated, go for a walk, take the stairs, stretch. Keep the body moving! And be positive. We are hardest on ourselves.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    probably just camera angle
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I go through the same thing. Oh, I understand. Sometimes we are too harsh on ourselves. You know how far you've come though. Take it easy on yourself and try a different camera angle. :D
  • MaryBeth1989
    Options
    Body dysmorphic disorder
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy who was skinny and when he got mad his face swelled up to double size. LOL. I like making that rascal mad.

Water is my best guess.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    It's probably just the angle of the picture and the lighting. I have pics of me 30 pounds lighter where my face looks fatter than some current pics. The difference is the pics of me 30 pounds lighter were candid in random lighting- someone else took them. The recent pics I shot myself- and I posed and chose the best lighting!
    A lot of it is in your mind too - the mind can play tricks on you. But just be logical about it -you're seriously not going to go from skinny to not skinny overnight or vice versa. It just doesn't happen that fast.