Beginning C25K

Options
Anyone else starting this? We can keep each other going :o)

I plan on running MWF - add me if you want with C25K in the message.

Let's go!

Replies

• nachoqtpie
    Options
    I just started today!! I was GOING to start yesterday, but I didn't sleep well...
    I would LOVE to be friends! :-)
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just finished W2D2. I'll send you a message!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain on here what it is...
  • Atlantique
    Options

C25K is an abbreviation for "Couch to 5K". It's a program to ease people into running by placing short bursts of running into half hour walks.

There are many programs of this type out there, but I think most of us are using the one from www.coolrunning.com. There are also podcasts and smartphone apps that will do all of the timing for you and that tell you when to walk and when to run.

By the end of 8 or 9 weeks, you should be able to complete a 5K (a 3.1 mile race)!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

C25K is an abbreviation for "Couch to 5K". It's a program to ease people into running by placing short bursts of running into half hour walks.

There are many programs of this type out there, but I think most of us are using the one from www.coolrunning.com. There are also podcasts and smartphone apps that will do all of the timing for you and that tell you when to walk and when to run.

By the end of 8 or 9 weeks, you should be able to complete a 5K (a 3.1 mile race)!

Beautiful explanation!! And thanks for the link. Can you do this on a treadmill or do you have to do it outside? If you can use the treadmill, do you know of a link for doing it on the treadmill?
  • jeeping_mom
    Options
    I was going to start yesterday too, but just got back from vacation. So technically started today, but saying yesterday ;)

I will run outside when I have the chance, but I am a stay-home mom with a traveling hubby - not always going to happen. I don't have a treadmill either - I jog while watching TV. I starting running with the Wii Fit 2 years ago, so I'm used to it. Others probably think it's stupid, but it works for me :)
  • Atlantique
    Options

Beautiful explanation!! And thanks for the link. Can you do this on a treadmill or do you have to do it outside? If you can use the treadmill, do you know of a link for doing it on the treadmill?

You can do it on the treadmill, sure! The difficulty there is that you have to keep switching the pace back and forth. BUT, the treadmill can be really helpful in keeping you from going too fast, too, and it gives you extra cushioning. You could just use the podcast or smartphone app and ajust the treadmill yourself.

I do not personally know how you find a program that controls the treadmill for you, but I could swear I've seen someone post one on here before.

Maybe make a new topic to ask?
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    on the couch 2 5k site they actually have a treadmill one! Here's the website http://www.c25k.com
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    Finished Day 2!! MAN! There are muscles in my legs that are sore that I didn't even notice until I started jogging!!! LOL
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    W2D1 complete!! How's everybody else doing??