New here/vegetarian

Options
Hello all! I just joined this site last night. A friend of mine recommended the site. So far, I love what I see here. It seems to be a very motivating place to start my weight loss program. I am currently vegetarian, although I don't like using that term since it implies that I eat primarily veggies, which is currently not the case in my opinion. I just try to avoid eating meat, and I've been doing this for about 10 months now. It's been challenging to find a balance with my nutrition without eating meat, but I'm determined to stay on that path. Anyway, I'm hoping to lose about 40lbs or so by exercise and diet. I hope this site will help me achieve that goal and I'm looking forward to making new friends here! :)

Replies

• Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place for support and encouragement during your journey! Good luck!
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've been a non-meat eater for nearly 30 years now. I don't miss it at all as there are so many other choices. It is harder I think for other people to take in and accept I think than it is to be the one doing it. Best of luck on your journey!