Rough few days/ Weird symptoms??

Options
I've been doing this for a few weeks and feeling great! I haven't changed anything but the last 2 days I am starving and or nauseated and or thirsty, craving sweets & getting quick sharp headaches. I'm drinking enough water and staying within my calorie counts. What gives?? Anyone experienced anything like this?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    May just be your body detoxing from the things you used to eat. Usually it happens right after you change your habits but maybe it's just taking longer. Or, maybe you are eating too little of something. I know this sounds weird but when I try to eat really low fat I get really light headed, weak and I feel sick.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    It could be hormonal too. I have a week in my cycle where I feel as you've described. I take magnesium supplements for other reasons but found it help my monthly symptoms too. I also up the protein during that week and make sure the carbs are not out of control and are all whole foods as much as possible. I try to eat that way anyway but it's imperative for me during that time. Hope you figure it out.
  • ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    Make sure you don't go under your calories. Too few what your body needs will make you crave more. You should check by calling your regular doctor and ask them. Do you take a multi vitamin? Your new routine and eating changes can really affect the balance of your system and you may be lacking in vitamins also.
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    yeah that happened to me when I started, i gave it a bag of crisps to stop my body thinking it was going cold turkey, but it will go. for me, unhealthy food was more of an addiction than any drug or alcohol and I had to stop it by treating it like an addiction, I reduced it over time but some people can stop it instantly, its up to what works for your body but what ever happens, it will go xx
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Could be a shift in your hormones.. from losing weight... or it's possible your not eating enough... make sure to eat all your calories everyday...

I doubt if it's been 3 weeks your going through withdrawels... that would be the first week or so.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Agree with alot o these posts but ALSO ... this happens to me when I don't get enough protein - really important to build muscle and feel fuller longer. I always try to be in the RED (over) in protein :-)
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    One other possible thing is the time change. If you live in a state where you just switched to daylight savings time, it's possible that your body is rejecting it. I'm having the same issues, but it's because my internal clock is all messed up with eating an hour earlier -- plus I think I'm coming down with a sinus infection. Tough it out, drink lots of water, and allow your body the chance to rest and adjust.
  • michellewilliams10
    michellewilliams10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Something similar happened to me. I started a month ago. The first two weeks went by easy and I stuck to my 1300 cals per day. Then I hit a real wobbly couple of days with similar symptoms. I felt weak, tired & had no energy. I just knew that i couldn't sustain a diet of 1300 so I upped my cals to 1400 per day and i've felt fine since. I don't think however i'm losing anywhere near what I have lost previously on a 1400 cal per day diet. Feel like i've been on a plateau since day 1!
  • ltlmsmrysnshine
    Options
    I went through something crazy like that when I first started, not on here, but about a month ago....It is detox, and you may even have crazy mood swings, etc, but in the end, you will feel great and be happier for it!!! Keep it up darlin!!
  • Asomething
    Asomething Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I think it was a combo or detox & hormones. I've just returned from a mini-vaca so it looks like I'll be starting all over again!!