Double Chin (nice)

Options
I have lost a stone (10lbs on MFP) now since starting my weight loss journey. I have notice little changes in my stomach, hips and the top of my legs but the major thing that is bothering me (and always has) is that I have a big double chin :mad:

This doesnt seem to be going anywhere at all and it is what bothers me most and makes me shy away from having my picture taken. I have about another stone to lose until I hit my weight goal and am just scared that however much I lose this extra chin isnt going to go :sad:

Does anyone else have this problem as well and does anyone have any advice about this??

Replies

• candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You can do neck excersices to tone up I'm at a lot higher right now then where u are but I've been doing neck toning excersices in the car everyday and noticing a big difference with less saging from the weight loss so far. I just looked up neck excersices when I was trying to find something to help found many useful sites and articals
  • Lewzy
    Lewzy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I was exactly the same as you. I used to have the biggest double chin ever and I was so self conscious about it. I HATED having my picture taken, I was constantly looking in the mirror to see how it looked and would always just be generally uncomfortable about it. Now, 35 lbs down (28 since joining MFP) it's GONE! Well, not all gone.. I suppose it's still there from underneath angles, but for the most part, it's gone. It'll come with time, be patient! I've noticed that after intense cardio exercise, it starts to get "smaller" if that makes any sense at all.. good luck! :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I have had a double chin as long as I can remember and thought it was something I was stuck with...but that went away after my weight hit a certain point. For the first time I actually have a jaw line and a neck! So, keep working, you should see some difference in time.
  • evedavies
    evedavies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - am glad it isnt just me.

Does anyone know any specific exercises I could do to speed this process up?