How many calories should I eat?

Options
I'm 31 yrs old 5' 3" and weigh 194.2 . I want to lose 2lbs a week, so MFP has me eating 1200 calories. I'm doing 30 Day Shred (20 mins Daily) and I go to the Gym 4-5 days a week and do 20 mins of cardio there then I do 30 - 40 mins of weight training. So, My question is , is this do-able or should I increase My calories and just try losing 1 1/2 lbs a week?

Replies

• rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When you enter exercise in your diary, you will be given more calories to consume. You may want to read some of the threads for newbies since it's explained better there.

Good luck!!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    1200 cals a day is without any exercise.. if you are burning 300 cals a day than you should be eating 1500 cals!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    1200 cals a day is without any exercise.. if you are burning 300 cals a day than you should be eating 1500 cals!

what she said
  • srausch
    srausch Posts: 3
    Options
    I know something that has helped me is wearing a heart rate monitor (wireless band around chest, and wristwatch combo). that tells me exactly how many calories I am burning based on my individual success at exercise that day.

I also am set for 1200 calories a day, and if I don't exercise, I really try to stay close to that.

If I do exercise, and say burn off 500 calories - then I gain a little extra calories to consume.

I have been really really trying to count all calories I am eating to get an accurate gage of what I am putting in my mouth. I even put them down when I have cheated a little. Hang in there! I know the 1,200 calories is a big adjustment.
    I have also been trying to drink like 8-9 glasses of water a day (sometimes more) - this seems to help me feel full longer.
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    Thanks, I do have a HRM, but I just seem to bounce around in weight and was wondering if I might have been doing something wrong.....Thanks again for all the comments!