Experiences with Hydroxycut??

Options
I've taken Hydroxycut a few times in the past with mixed results and just stumbled across an unopened bottle in my medicine chest that expires this May. Rather than toss it, I decided to start taking it yesterday to compliment my new diet and exercise regime. I've been doing fine without it, down 20 pounds in 10 weeks, and I only intend to take it until this bottle runs out.

Anyone on here take it or have taken it with good results? And yes...I have read about the possible side-effects and such. Not looking for a way to cheat the system per se, but hey if I can give my weight loss journey a little boost. :happy:

Replies

• jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow, it really doesn't sound good.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxycut
  • kriswigg
    kriswigg Posts: 95
    Options
    Can only say I have had bad experiences with all that type of stuff. Especially becareful taking it if you take any kind of meds (esp. thyroid) cause it can really cause problems. Hope you have better success with it.
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't use it. have a cup of coffee before you workout if you need a pick me up.
  • tiffany_reis
    Options
    It didn't work for me... I gained weight and they taste horrible! I've lost more weight just doing it the natural way. 12 pounds in 1 month.

4632107.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options

the good ole wikipedia, where anyone can put anything about anything.....

Do some extensive research on it.. and just be cautious of what it does to your body. Listen to your body and know the signs of it suffering from the pills.
  • kriswigg
    kriswigg Posts: 95
    Options
    Also remembered that there was a class action suit against one of those diet aids last year, think it might have been Hydroxycut. Seems to me it was something about false claims and the drug causing health problems? not sure if I have my info straight. Anyone else know about this?
  • tiffany_reis
    Options
    Practically ANYTHING with Ephedrine or Phen Phen has been terminated... I was RX Phentermine once... found out that it could have killed me...
    4632107.png
  • annameeks00
    Options
    That stuff makes my heart race! I feel like i am gonna have a heart attack if I work out pretty hard! I would never take it again.
  • AQHAShowgirl
    AQHAShowgirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Practically ANYTHING with Ephedrine or Phen Phen has been terminated... I was RX Phentermine once... found out that it could have killed me...
    4632107.png

NOTE: There's no Ephedrine or Phen Phen in the formulation I have.
  • chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    diet pills scare me. they always have my heart beating out of my chest. i scored some phentermine once back in high school, took it for 3 days, never slept, and felt like i was gonna pass out all the time. so yeah. i've sworn off of all diet pills whether they are otc or rx.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Do some extensive research on it.. and just be cautious of what it does to your body. Listen to your body and know the signs of it suffering from the pills.

I don't think anyone would make up lawsuits and reported liver damages and a death. There are also sources cited at the bottom of all Wikipedia pages for further information. :)
  • jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Options

I know, I know, but the article does include references to pretty much everything it states, which is better than most wikipedia articles AND most health-type articles you find online.