Finally Serious!

Hobowendy
Hobowendy Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Just joined after searching for a site I think I will feel at home on. Anyone with a thyroid problem? I don't have a thyroid and since it's removal weight has gone up and up. But this year the big 50 looms close so it is time for a change. I'm not blaming my lack of a thyroid, as I've always been over weight. But I've hit my all time high, so life starts now (well a week ago) to get healthy and feeling better. :wink:

Replies

• Hobowendy
    Hobowendy Posts: 4
    Just joined after searching for a site I think I will feel at home on. Anyone with a thyroid problem? I don't have a thyroid and since it's removal weight has gone up and up. But this year the big 50 looms close so it is time for a change. I'm not blaming my lack of a thyroid, as I've always been over weight. But I've hit my all time high, so life starts now (well a week ago) to get healthy and feeling better. :wink:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome to the site! It really is a place you CAN be comfortable and happy with! AND, most importantly, it WORKS!
    I have a thyroid problem, though I guess mine is ok with medication. I used to blame my continual weight gain on my thyroid condition, but, not anymore.
    I joined this site 3 months ago and started seeing quite the eye opener with the food counter, what with everything that I was putting in my mouth!
    I discovered I had a major problem with eating WAY too much protein, as well as the cals, etc. Once I started making better food choices, watching my totals, and exercising, the weight started coming off!
    You're going to love it here, because it's "almost" fun, as well as pretty easy, to lose the weight!
    Between the counter, and the wonderfully supportive people here, the weight that you want to lose WILL come off!
    I might suggest that you put in your foods BEFORE you eat them, rather than AFTERWARDS. That way, you'll see your numbers, and can make better choices if needed.
This discussion has been closed.