Why do I only think about my next meal??

Options
2»

Replies

• jdf1023
    jdf1023 Posts: 1
    Options
    It seems that whenever I make any sort of major change in my life (diet, relationship, job etc.), Then that change is always right in the front of my mind all the time. I think maybe because the change is not habitual. Whatever the old thing was, it was ingrained in my daily routine so I never had to think about it. Perhaps you could get involved with some other change, like redecorating you house (it worked for me), while you adjust to the "new" eating habits.

I agree with the advice to eat less food more often. There are lots of good reasons to do that. I also learned to keep lots of fresh vegetables around to snack on. If I just couldn't wait I would eat those. the caloric impact is not much and I could always feel full. particularly like to eat a peeled cucumber dipped in balsalmic vinegar like a breadstick.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    So, here's what you do...you find yourself feeling hungry, chug a bottle of water. I am sure you have heard that a few times, so....
    If you have already done that, keep a rubix cube, puzzle book, or something similar near you at all times. (something that stimulates your brain) When you feel that urge coming on, pick up your go-to thing and work on it for a few minutes. Eventually, you will pick it up subconsciously whenever something triggers your brain to crave food and it will replace your craving with brain-building exercise and as a bonus, help you stay sharp. :)
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It seems that whenever I make any sort of major change in my life (diet, relationship, job etc.), Then that change is always right in the front of my mind all the time. I think maybe because the change is not habitual. Whatever the old thing was, it was ingrained in my daily routine so I never had to think about it. Perhaps you could get involved with some other change, like redecorating you house (it worked for me), while you adjust to the "new" eating habits.

I agree with the advice to eat less food more often. There are lots of good reasons to do that. I also learned to keep lots of fresh vegetables around to snack on. If I just couldn't wait I would eat those. the caloric impact is not much and I could always feel full. particularly like to eat a peeled cucumber dipped in balsalmic vinegar like a breadstick.

I am good w/ the healthy food. That is all I have around me anymore but it just seems I want TONS of it!! :wink: I don't have alot of play room w/ trying to change things up to occupy my time. I work a 40 hour a week job. Own a tattoo shop. Take care of a home, 2 kids, 2 dogs a guinea pig and 2 rental properties. I have had to leave the tattoo shop an hour early to get a workout in. I'm pretty sure I'm not actually hungry, I think it's just my fat body rebelling against the healthy change.:laugh:
  • tallgal318
    Options
    Absolutely!! Evenings are the worst. I can't decide if I'm actually hungry or it's just habitual for me to be eating while watching tv. I'm hoping in another week or so the habit will be completely out of my thoughts??
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hmm, could be some tricky psychology at play.

Couple of random ideas

1 .When you feel hungry even when you "shouldn't be", just tell yourself that's fat-burn in action and visualize fat melting away.
    2. How much are you trying to lose per week? Maybe you can set it for something conservative like 0.5lb/week, and then after a few weeks, ramp it up.
    3. Play around with different ratios of carb/protein/fat. I noticed you're on the low side of protein. You can jack it up to, say, 40/40/20 C/P/F. They say protein is more filling.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I find myself constantly thinking about what i'm going to eat next when i'm being more 'strict' with myself. But over the past few weeks i've had so much going on i've not really had the time to pay close attention. I'm mindful of what I eat but I haven't taken any measures to make what I eat more healthy and i've not been strict with my calories. And i've found that i've not been constantly thinking about food as a result. It is strange.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The trick for me when I want to eat, and I KNOW I'm not hungry, is to keep my hands busy. Sew, clean, play cards, whatever, but I do something that keeps my hands occupied so they can't decide that what they want to be doing is putting calories I don't need into my mouth.