Walking and food

Options
So, my husband and I are finally off on the same day. So we decided to walk to block buster and rent a movie for tonight, and on the way home buy our groceries for the week.

All in all it took us 2 hours, and it was just over 3 miles (would've been a lot less, but the shopping took a while). Man, I feel good!

I also want to say, since starting this diet we spend SO MUCH LESS ON FOOD! We used to spend about $90 a week on groceries, not to mention eating out (fast food or dinning) every day. Now, we don't eat out more then once every 2 weeks or so and we only spend $50 a week on food! Wow!

Replies

• raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    So, my husband and I are finally off on the same day. So we decided to walk to block buster and rent a movie for tonight, and on the way home buy our groceries for the week.

All in all it took us 2 hours, and it was just over 3 miles (would've been a lot less, but the shopping took a while). Man, I feel good!

I also want to say, since starting this diet we spend SO MUCH LESS ON FOOD! We used to spend about $90 a week on groceries, not to mention eating out (fast food or dinning) every day. Now, we don't eat out more then once every 2 weeks or so and we only spend $50 a week on food! Wow!
  • mcontrerasj
    Options
    Good for you!

Just a piece of advice... Now try to do more things together, like going to the park and walk for half an hour, take a stroll on a Sunday afternoon, and you'll see how you´ll get used to exercising and spending more time together (and you'll both shed some pounds.)

Have fun!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :smile: it's nice that he is so supportive about your lifestyle changes!

I have also noticed we've been spending less on groceries :bigsmile: