Getting arms in shape?

Options
Hi! I was wondering if anyone has any good tips for getting arms into shape without going to a gym?! I was thinking about buying one of those shake weights but haven't really heard anything about it good or bad. Thanks for the tips!

Replies

• kitchentales
    Options
    I went to Canadian Tire (local hardware/everything store) and picked up two 5lb weights. At home now I do bicep curls, tricep extensions, and stuff like that. The weight was like $5 CDN. If you want more advice/have questions, feel free to message me!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Grab an empty milk jug, if its a quart you're looking at about 2.2 lbs of weight, if its a gallon you're looking at... 8.8 lbs free weight, and if you don't fill it fully I'm sure it will replicate the movement of the shake-weight without the whole... mind in a gutter image they seem to be focused on.
    Pull ups, pushups, using your own body weight in as many exercises as you can...
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Options
    You can use resistance bands and/or weights
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Pushups and pullups are a good start (check out hundredpushups.com). If you have a step of any kind you can do dips. I would skip the shake weight, rather if you want to spend $$, get some 3's, 5's and 8'# dumbbells for a good start. There are tons of exercises that can be done at home with them.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 469
    Options
    shake weight? NO! don't waste your money on one of those.

you can buy a small set of dumbbells and do exercises with them or a resistance band.

there are exercises you can do around the house too. chair dips for your triceps. grab a big jug of milk and do curls with that.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred really helped my arms. I only use fairly small weights as well.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips!!! And I think I'll invest in some little weights instead of the shake weight :smile: