Iluvsparkles makes it to 10 lbs finally!!!

Options
iluvsparkles
iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
yay! i am finally ten pounds lighter than when i started MFP at the first of April. FINALLY!

ive learned so much in this time period... and the biggest of which, is that muscle weighs more than fat!

for the longest time, I was frustrated with my minimal loss, less than a pound per week sometimes.... and i was failing to realize that all of the working out I had committed myself to was just making muscle replace the fat, and we all know that muscle weighs more than fat (and burns fat at rest!)

so anyway, I bought myself a bikini, and here it is!!!
1-1.jpg
5-1.jpg
4-1.jpg

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    Options
    yay! i am finally ten pounds lighter than when i started MFP at the first of April. FINALLY!

ive learned so much in this time period... and the biggest of which, is that muscle weighs more than fat!

for the longest time, I was frustrated with my minimal loss, less than a pound per week sometimes.... and i was failing to realize that all of the working out I had committed myself to was just making muscle replace the fat, and we all know that muscle weighs more than fat (and burns fat at rest!)

so anyway, I bought myself a bikini, and here it is!!!
    1-1.jpg
    5-1.jpg
    4-1.jpg
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! You look fabulous!!!!:flowerforyou: Maybe one day I......
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Wonderful job Em!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Hug!:heart:
    Tam
  • rhonda79
    rhonda79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look awesome. :drinker:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!

We have similar body shapes... I wasn't blessed with skinny, girly legs... I've got very muscular meaty legs... luckily my guy appreciates that :drinker:

I too strugle w/ not seeing alot of change of the scale because I pack on the muscle, especially in the quads and hams.

Congrats!
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    you look great. your tummy is getting very defined.. can't wait till i can show pictures like that. i hit my 10lbs loss today but you can't tell but i feel happier....soooooo congrats to you....
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    You look great.. I love that color on you too.. Way to go...
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    *whistles*

Lookin' HAWT Em!!!

Congrats sweets!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl! Very inspiring!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    toot0vz.giftoot0vz.gif

Alert the media! What a great day for you!! I know how hard you've been struggling but keep at it--Sports Illustrated awaits!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome! Do you have a plan to wear it? Please tell
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I look forward to hearing more sucess!
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT Em. Keep up the great work!!!!!
    Congrats!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    heeey guys! thank you so so so so much!!!

isnt it funny how life is?

ive been so down on myself lately, and i was very preoccupied with my waistline and the number on the scale. i seriously upped my cardio routine, and all of a sudden, the reality of the ten gone pounds hit me!

I actually felt true accomplishment for once, unlike when i was starving myself, and just continued to feel fatter!

(ps...for the gutter gang out there.... 'you know what' is alot more fun when you are in a fitter body :tongue: :blushing: )
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    YEY YOU GIRLIE!!! Look at that GREAT progress you have MADE! You go girl!!! You look FANTABULOUS!!!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Emily you look great! Keep it up!
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is so very, very good. Awesome! (the crowd goes wild!)
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great, congrats on your success!!! And I hear ya.....it sure is better!!!!:blushing: :laugh:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and the sucess of finding a bathing suit you like. :happy:

Like you I am having a hard time losing weight so I cant wait for the day I can say I lost my 1st 10 lbs. Keep up the good work.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    wolfwhistle.jpg

*WOLF WHISTLE!!!!!!*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!