To Those Who Have Lost 30,40,50 lbs+

Options
13»

Replies

• kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    down 36 in 10 weeks and never ate mine back.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I do both. I've lost over 200 pounds, and it depends on how hungry I am. I find I need more with heavy workouts... so I try not to eat all of the calories back, but I frequently eat some.

It's kind of trial and error - what works for one of us, won't work for all.

Best of luck! If you're finding yourself hungry, consider eating a few back. If you're comfortable and don't need them, then stick to your baseline.

That is flat out inspirational girl!!!! 200 pounds lost That is where I set my goal..I'm on the beginning of that journey and your nearing your end. I wish I had this site two years ago. I didn't even think about that. I had lost about 80 pounds back then and was so proud of myself. But I don't know what happened I quit and I hated myself for it. So I'm here and trying again and I will defeat the evil fat fairy that attacked me with doughnuts and sodas...lol.
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Exercise adds to the big green number on the home page of MFP. My goal is make that number as big as possible without feeling rediculously hungry. As long as the calories remaining stays green, I've checked the block but the bigger the delta, the better I feel about what I have accomplished.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options

That is flat out inspirational girl!!!! 200 pounds lost That is where I set my goal..I'm on the beginning of that journey and your nearing your end. I wish I had this site two years ago. I didn't even think about that. I had lost about 80 pounds back then and was so proud of myself. But I don't know what happened I quit and I hated myself for it. So I'm here and trying again and I will defeat the evil fat fairy that attacked me with doughnuts and sodas...lol.

Thank you!! I'm so glad you're here and trying again!!

As for the evil fat fairy - LOL!!! I had one - then I ate her. :-)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 46 pounds to date 44 more to go,I have never eaten mine back.Except on special ocassions
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    If you don`t eat them back, you will lose weight faster. This is because you create a larger calorie deficit.

But faster isn`t better becasue you will be losing muscle mass along with fat. If lose your weight at moderate rate, 1-2lbs per week, you will be getting healthier and fitter at the same time that you lose weight.

I have never really ate mine back and I only lose 1 to 2 a week
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35lbs and I sometimes eat some of them and sometimes I eat none it depends on the day and how hungry I feel but most of the times I dont eat any or just a few but not all.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't eat them, I more or less just use it as a buffer in case I get hungry later. I do some pretty intensive training too, and it hasn't made a hint of difference.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    If you don`t eat them back, you will lose weight faster. This is because you create a larger calorie deficit.

But faster isn`t better becasue you will be losing muscle mass along with fat. If lose your weight at moderate rate, 1-2lbs per week, you will be getting healthier and fitter at the same time that you lose weight.

I have never really ate mine back and I only lose 1 to 2 a week

If that's your average over time, then you must have an average 500-1000 calorie deficit per day, and you're in the perfect zone for healthy weight loss. It's just math. It's possible that the way you're logging somehow makes it look like you're not "eating back your calories", but I would bet that you are, based on your results over time. So in other words, you found a good routine for yourself which is obviously working, and giving you a healthy weight loss, so I wouldn't change a thing there.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    Good answer!
    If that's your average over time, then you must have an average 500-1000 calorie deficit per day, and you're in the perfect zone for healthy weight loss. It's just math. It's possible that the way you're logging somehow makes it look like you're not "eating back your calories", but I would bet that you are, based on your results over time. So in other words, you found a good routine for yourself which is obviously working, and giving you a healthy weight loss, so I wouldn't change a thing there.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that although I hate talking about exercise calories 7 times a day… I LOVE seeing all the 30+ pound losers in this thread. So inspiring to see all this success in one thread. Looking forward to joining your ranks in the future.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    first, let me say that i am currently set at a goal of losing 1 lb a week now that i have crossed over into the high-end of "normal" bmi. I try not to eat all the way to goal even on my rest days, but i do get close and always stay over 1200 net. I typically am closer to 1350 net. I *do* eat back my exercise calories and always have, but have pretty much always tried to keep that "few extra hundred buffer" ... I don't know, i could just set my goal to 1.5 lbs a week and eat right up to my goal, but then i would be flirting with going over too often and i really get bummed when i am 'over' too frequently, even when its just a bit over. Just personal experience there... anyhoo,... I also have had my share of weeks where i get "too good at dieting" and have to remind myself to eat enough to nourish my body and perform as i want it to. The LAST thing i want to do is to lose muscle and hold onto fat EEKS lol. I'm currently about 15-ish pounds from my goal, but am really concentrating more on fitness gains at this point.

I weigh, count and/or measure all my foods and i log everything.

So short answer to your "do i eat back my exercise calories?" question is yes, well, sort of :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!