Dinner ideas for someone who hates to cook

Options
I have to eat 525 calories for dinner but I have no interest in cooking. Suggestions?

Replies

• rice161
    rice161 Posts: 59
    Options
    When I'm looking for something easy and low effort, I steam a baked potato in the microwave, steam broccoli as well, and then cover the baked potato with te broccoli, Carving Board roast turkey from the deli, and a few slices of american cheese. It's full of protein and is typically under 400 calories! Best of luck!
  • dorktv
    dorktv Posts: 30
    Options
    When I'm looking for something easy and low effort, I steam a baked potato in the microwave, steam broccoli as well, and then cover the baked potato with te broccoli, Carving Board roast turkey from the deli, and a few slices of american cheese. It's full of protein and is typically under 400 calories! Best of luck!

That sounds awesome...thanks!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with making a nice whole wheat sandwich with a yummy cup of soup, I love this after a long day and the soup sandwich combo is very filling and easy to keep under 500 calories. Also birds eye has the flavored steam rice bags and just add some already cooked grilled chicken(you can buy it precooked or cook in advance and put in freezer) and voila a meal in 5 minutes
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I like to grill up a whole bag of boneless skinless chicken tenders on Sunday night. I make a pot of whole grain brown rice. I keep frozen bags of veggies (Green Giant Steamers), Flat-Out wraps, bags of spinach/greens. This can make:

1. Chix, rice and veggies, 2. Chix wraps ( I love to use a tbsp of hummus,greens and roasted red peppers) 3. Chicken salad...top with some almonds and feta cheese...so yummy!!! 4. I've also made chicken nachos, add some black beans, cheese and a few whole grain tortilla chips, mmmm!

Hope this helps!
  • dorktv
    dorktv Posts: 30
    Options
    Jen, wow that is way more organized then I am! Sounds good though, thank you.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Jen, wow that is way more organized then I am! Sounds good though, thank you.

Organization and planning is the key ;) Good luck hon!