30 day Shed - Looking for info....

Options
Hi all,
I have read a great deal on this site about the 30 day shred. I was thinking of getting ahold of this dvd but I wondered what advice anyone would have before I started this.
Should I get weights?
Should I do other cardio work with it?
Should I keep doing the strength training with weights I have been doing?

Any thoughts and helpful tips with this program would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    it's a great routine and it produces results. You will want light dumbells, 3-5 lbs tops and a yoga mat because some of the floor exercises can be tough on your knees. I just finished 30 days and added a 20 minute cardio workout on the treadmill daily. I'm not sure if my arms would have been able to take anymore strength training but I guess it would depend on what kind of results you are looking for. i still have alot of fat to burn so the cardio helped. If your just looking to tone, then a little extra strength training could go a long way. Good Luck!
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You'll need ~3 lb hand weights.... and a floor mat if you dont want to lay on the floor. I would suggest doing it 4-5 times a week, with or without other cardio.
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You need some light weights for the DVD...I just started the 30 Day Shred yesterday. I am doing everything else next to it. I just started kickboxing training as well. So I would do other things because on the DVD each session is 20 minutes. Now they are definitely challenging, but I am not confident that 20 minutes a day will do the trick (to me at least). Good luck!!!
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be day 9 of the 30 day shred for me. I use 5 lb weights. Of course start with whatever you are comfortable with. I still do the elliptical for extra cardio, but that is it. I have not been doing any other strength training, but I am curious if others are.

Good luck!!! Let me know how you like it!
  • kstoll
    kstoll Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input!!!! The information you provided was great. One other questions I have is at home I have 2lb medicine ball weights....will those work to start with or do I need a diffent type of weight? With all the comments I have heard about this DVD I am excited to get my hands on it and start and see the results!!!!