Ellie Krieger's So Easy anyone?

Options
Calidaho
Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
I have looked at Ellie Krieger's So Easy cookbook on Amazon.com and it sounds like exactly what I am looking for--easy recipes including take to work lunches.

Has anyone used this book and found it helpful? One of my biggest stumbling blocks when trying to eat healthy is that I don't have a lot of time to cook after work or to pack lunches in the morning so I end up with the defaults. Ordering out or making simple spaghetti for dinner or, for lunch, going out. Even at Tender Greens, a healthy salad place, it is easy to go over 400 calories.

Your thoughts>

Replies

• ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i dont have that book but I know she has some simple recipes to follow.
    you might also want to check out www.400calorieorless.com

I like using that site
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't have the cookbook but I watched her on the Food Network and she was great. Real food, made healthy. Another good book is Hungry Girl 1 -2 - 3. Lots of good recipes.
  • kattiek
    kattiek Posts: 83
    Options
    I got the book as a gift, but haven't taken the time to pick out some recipes and go shopping for them yet. I can tell you that everything in there looks delicious though. I like how she has recipes in there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner when you have time to relax and take your time cooking, but also quick options for everyday. I feel like her recipes are pretty realistic and she has nutritional breakdowns for them too, which is nice since you can log it in on here. She's pretty legit since she's a nutritionist and a chef, I feel like you can't go wrong. In fact, maybe this weekend, I'll get it out and pick some things to make for next week. Hope it works out well for you if you get it!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I don't have her cookbook but I do love her recipes and cooking show.
  • Jinxed8
    Jinxed8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    is it www.400caloriesorless.com ??? I think you are missing the s in the calories.
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    No but I have the Foods you crave cookbook of hers.....you're gonna love those recipes......delicious!!! and Healthy