uuugggghhhh... I CANT EAT 1200 cal

Options
2»

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    I would get off the slim fat and eat real food. Also since portion control doesn't seem to be an issue for you get off any "diet" foods and again go normal but with a proper serving size.
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    You could probably use more fiber in your diet... Doesn't look like you eat a lot of bread. Try factoring in some whole grains and wheat-based foods-- maybe like wheat toast with peanut butter or whole-grain pasta with veggies.

You should eat more fiber and complex carbs. Your body gets energy from carbs (#1), followed by protein and last is fat. You body can't digest fiber so it acts as a waste collector as it travels through you. If you have insurance see if your DR is willing to give you a physical , get a referral to a dietitian.

The you should be eating more if you are working out. You have to train your body with a little food more every day. 1/4 cup oatmeal with peanut better, or granola or almonds to get a higher cal breakfast. If you choose to drink your calories then switch to protein shakes with added fruits or peanut butter.

You can custom the names of your meals. This will allow you to change your snack to be in between your meals. Try adding bagel thins, oat meal, beans, hummus, peanut butter, eggs and solid food to your diet.

Good luck. I got my cal intake raised to 1500 from 1200 by my dietitian two months ago. I still struggle but I have trained my body to be hungry in the am. Its the evenings that are hard. i won't be hungry but I'll take a bite of hummus and crackers just to get more calories.
  • CayceLynn77
    Options
    Wow thank you all so much...I am not afraid to eat really, I swear:blushing: ...I am just so busy running around getting the kids here and there, classes, meetings... Its CRAZY.... I know the Slim fast is not the way to go.... on those days I figured it was better then nothing at all.... I had been eating a whole grain oatmeal with grapefruit juice or a whole wheat bagel....I will manage my time better and get back on that, add a handful of almonds and a couple of hard broiled eggs (cooking right now) So hopefully that will give me alot more in the A.M. ...... I will make lunch more as well.... I think I am cool on Dinner, maybe minus the rice if I have larger meals in the day.

I also wonder how many EXTRA I am actually getting when I "check" the kids food to make sure its ok of course LOL
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    If I have a lot of calories left at the end of the day, I'll have a handful of nuts (sometimes with dried fruit mixed in, too), some dark chocolate, and a glass of milk. It's calorie dense, pretty nutritious, and kind of like dessert. :tongue:
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I made a trail mix from myself from a bunch of raw nuts and cranberries/raisins. One cup of my trail mix is 700 calories. It's absolutely clutch on days I am beginning to feel full but need more calories. You should give it a shot. It would help give you more fiber, too.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You need to geat more then 2 meals. That whole slim fast thing needs to go to the trash. Try to get 6 small meals a day. I would not cut back on cardio, you need to do more then 30mins before you start burning fat. Your dinner is way to much in my opinion. All of that food just sitting there while you sleep is a no go