Feels like I'm freezing after workouts

Options
Ok, so this is a new feeling for me. It started about 4 or so weeks ago (I've lost 16 pounds and 2% body fat). I workout after work each night, then eat my dinner, then do things around the house(laundry, cleaning, tv, etc.). When I"m done with the workout, and cool down, I get really, really cold. Like freezing, shivering cold. Right now I'm typing this in sweat pants, a long sleeved shirt, and wrapped in a fleece blanket! :) This happens every night now.

I keep the house at 68* F, and it is about 55* F outside right now. Does anyone else experience this? Will I get 'used' to having less insulation at some point? :)

Replies

• CurriedGrasshopper
    CurriedGrasshopper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been suffering from this too and after doing a lot of searching on the internet it seems we're becoming dehydrated after the workout so your body pulls the moisture from your skin to conserve, which leads to you feeling cold.

The articles recommend to drink more water before your workout, continue while you workout and drink lots after.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me! I mentioned it to my mom and she said something about iron. I have just been dealing with it and dressing warmer. I didn't even consider it being anything serious...
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have been like this all winter. I am so looking forward to 80 to 90 degree weather. Which is SO not like me. I usually hate the heat.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Try taking a warm/hot shower after working out, and stay in it until it feels like your core has warmed up - I find this makes all the difference. If I don't after an intense cardio work-out, I get the chills afterwards.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - glad to know I'm not the only chilly one out there! :)
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i get this on and off....
    after one of my half marathons i was so bad that even though i was in 86F sunny weather, wearing sweat pants, 2 shirts and a jacket i was shivering...since then i've learnt the warm / hot shower and then dressing warmly is the only thing that helps ward it off
  • sftb
    sftb Posts: 40
    Options
    The same thing happens to me! I mentioned it to my mom and she said something about iron. I have just been dealing with it and dressing warmer. I didn't even consider it being anything serious...

Now that's fascinating...about the iron. Since logging on MFP, I've noticed that my iron is always too low....like way too low. I am ALWAYS cold, too. I wonder....