"If you ate like this...you'd weigh...in 5 weeks" is this a

Options
So as you all know after you enter your food entry for the day at the bottom of the food journal it estimates what you would weigh if you ate that way every day. What I'm wondering is if it actually happens because if so I'd be happy but it doesn't seem realistic. Has anyone actually weighed the amount it said they would weigh in 5 weeks?

Jessica

Replies

• in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    Never
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Heck no! Here I thought I was the only one ;)

I'm thinking it just tells you that to keep you motivated - hahaha
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Especially in the first 20 pounds, I was pretty consistently hitting the estimated weight (I just plugged it into my calendar once a week to check.)

These last 7 pounds, not so much..... but I'm not as focused as I was early on, either.
  • finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
    Unfortunatly no but still losing weight so I'm happy :)
  • txsjhawk
    txsjhawk Posts: 25
    Options
    nope, its a bunch of hooey! Stick with it though and the weight will come down
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    The problem is that ticker bases that calculation on that particular day. You would have to do EVERYTHING exactly the same for that to happen. It doesn't take into account water retention, that 'time of the month', environmental factors, getting sick, that one beer you had last Saturday. ;)

Take it with a grain of salt...
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,247 Member
    Options
    The key is if all the days for the next 5 weeks were exactly the same. I don't know about you, but I would be horrible bored with my food and exercise if I did 5 weeks of exactly the same thing. And, no it has never been right for me.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yes, if not better. I eat close to my calories/day and I lose right at 1 lb/week so at 5 weeks, it is 5 lbs.
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I actually wondered the same thing...so I marked the calender and wrote down what it said one night and I will check back to the number in 5 weeks to see if its close.
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    In the 5ish weeks that I've been on here, I've lost half of what that estimated... Still losing though!
  • elischanicole13
    Options
    I just logged a lower one 5 weeks ago today actually as a weight estimation and I'm less than 2 lbs over... so if you keep it consistent and not stray too much you should be good:) I was just curious about how accurate it would be so I put it in my calendar.. I dont feel like 2 lbs is that far off
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The first 2 months I did eat everything the same more or less. The first few weeks of the 5 week projection were very VERY close. I had lost a little more than projected, but it was nearly spot on.

Now it is getting more and more wrong as I eat a variety of foods and eat more calories one day, less calories the next.

One day, my projection in 5 weeks is 150lbs, the next day, 138. Very different numbers :wink:
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    When I stuck to the plan very consistently, I WAS losing more or less the estimated amount, yes! That said, it hasn't been happening lately. But I haven't been as committed to my daily goals on the weekends.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It said I would be 175lbs. I am at 183lbs. I don't know how they do the math. hmmmm
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i never have. i never eat the same every day, so not going to happen. sometimes i eat like crap, sometime i eat great, sometimes i exercise none, some, or a lot. i dont know why they have it but it is interesting to see.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Every night I post the weight in my notes and save it. Lately it's not been accurate but it was for awhile in the beginning.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I type it in the notes at the bottom of the diary everyday just to see how accurate it is and in the beginning it wasn't too far off. Now, it's about 2 pounds or so off. Losing weight is getting harder the closer I get to the 100's for me so I expect it to be off a little and I don't stress over it.
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    I eat the same food everyday and it has said I am supppose to weight 104 pounds for the last few months ...and I don't
    and I won't ever...lol
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I just checked back 5 weeks.

Today I weigh in at 151.8. My food diary claimed this 5 weeks ago. "If every day were like today... You'd weigh 151.7 lbs in 5 weeks (March 14)."

Even though I am one day off (the day that ended up as today I was 1000 calories over, oops! girl scout cookies and pizza rolls!!) this is INCREDIBLY accurate! wow :happy:
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just for fun, I started tracking the predictions on a spreadsheet back in January. I'd list my calorie deficit for the day and what the prediction was. Turns out, for the days I'm closest to my goal calories (a little over to 50 cals under), it is very close. For two months and for those types of days, I've been within 0.5 pound of the prediction. Whenever I tried to be smarter than MFP and leave a 200 to 400+ deficit, my loss would stall. Not useful information probably, but I thought it was interesting! :)