help!

nica8605
nica8605 Posts: 31 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
I seem to find myself working hard for 3 weeks then having an off day.. followed by an off week :frown: really throws a person off and then I get all "oh i'll never lose any weight" and i give up.. i need to find something thats gonna help me keep on track.. i feel like not only do i let myself down but i'm letting everyone else down as well.. Any suggestions on what you do when you get off track like this??

Replies

• monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    The fact that you keep trying is the most important thing. Nobody gets there in one fail swoop. It takes a day by day approach. And letting yourself have a "bad day" is ok. Even a bad week. I am a lot like you, I get overwhelmed or I fail or slip and i seem to automatically assume I can't succeed anymore. Thats just wrong thinking. Nobody acheives perfectly. Mistakes and missteps are made. Thats what makes the success rewarding. Stay with it. We'll be here!
  • weagle81
    weagle81 Posts: 31 Member
    This site actually helps me a lot. I cheat on the weekends sometimes but I try to exercise enough to be able to do it. I wouldn't suggest to take an entire week off that's too much room to gain weight. Substitute the foods you're wanting for something similar but healthy. Once you start doing that and drinking tons of water you'll do so much. Bet and take some vitamin b12 and b6. That's a boost on your metabolism (I heard) I know you can do it. Just stay positive!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    The fact that you keep trying is the most important thing. Nobody gets there in one fail swoop. It takes a day by day approach. And letting yourself have a "bad day" is ok. Even a bad week. I am a lot like you, I get overwhelmed or I fail or slip and i seem to automatically assume I can't succeed anymore. Thats just wrong thinking. Nobody acheives perfectly. Mistakes and missteps are made. Thats what makes the success rewarding. Stay with it. We'll be here!

Right on! We all have off days or weeks. I'm pretty self motivated but I'm also human, I definitely have days where I don't want to put in one work out nevermind the two I do everyday. On those days I remind myself of why I'm doing all of this to begin with. I also go to a page on facebook that's got a bunch of other ladies doing what I'm doing and it kicks me in the butt. Just remember why you want to make a lifestyle change to be healthy and just keep at it =]
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    What helps me the most is my MFP support system. My friends are INCREDIBLE at keeping me on track. If I feel like I am about to stray, I post about it and my friends kick in to high gear and talk me out of ruining my progress. Same goes if I have a bad day - they keep me motivated and remind me of what I have achieved.

One BIG thing I have found to prevent over eating is to change my habits. I used to eat out of boredom, or when I was sad, or happy, or angry... I redirected my attention - instead of going on a binge, I exercise, I read a book, I brush my hair, I play with my kids, I call a friend, I hop on MFP and start posting like crazy (which is exactly what I am doing right now!)...

Realize that you are WORTH this and you DESERVE to be healthier. Don't self-sabatoge - build yourself up and have faith in yourself. YOU are 100% capable of changing YOUR life, and YOU are in control!
This discussion has been closed.