RN ready to get in shape

Options
2»

Replies

• biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    BSN nursing school senior here. Working through the summer at the VA doing an externship in the ICU. School and stress suck. Several of my classmates are on here as well. I think its a struggle for all!

We all remember those days well.... and the name of the game was SURVIVAL! You will do it! Hang in there and watch the snacking! That got me into trouble!!! Linda/RN
  • KKJ24
    KKJ24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    RN here as well!! Glad to see so many nurses! We need to practice what we preach! I know it is super hard to eat well and drink water when we are at work. We have to neglect ourselves there. Most days I can hardly drink 24 ounces of liquids in 12.5 hours. I may start scheduling it in my day... just like I give meds at 10am... at 11am it is take care of me time for 5 minutes. Good luck! Feel free to add me anyone I am new here too! :)
  • dustylcsmith
    dustylcsmith Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HELLO!!!! AND WELCOME!
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm a neonatal RN in San Antonio. Been on this site for about a month and a half. I know about not getting breaks or not even getting a chance to eat when I work. When I work I'm usually way under calories since I sleep all day then go to work and don't get a chance to eat. I do find it helpful to plan a lunch and snack. I try to pack finger foods like grapes, sandwiches and I've recently started packing the Campbell's soup at hand. They are great. I can drink my soup while I chart since and the tomato soup is only 140 caories and it's really filling. Friend me if you like.:smile:
  • juicyfruit85
    juicyfruit85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love seeing so many nurses on the site! Wonderful! I'm a RN, night shift. I'm still trying to figure out how to work in my diet and exercise shedule so that it is effective for a night shifter. So far I got this: 12 hr shift 1800-0630 (1900-0730 at my other job), sleep by 0800 or 0900, wake up at 1430 or 1500 and exercise (Turbo Fire), then back to work or if I'm off go on with the rest of my day. My issue is, finding enough SLEEP! Geez! I find myself up late at night AND SNACKING sometimes. We all know sleep is a vital part of losing or gaining weight, I think this may be one of the top reasons why I have been plateuing. I'll figure it out though. ANy suggestions? Friend me! :)