TOM question

Options
So I've been hungry past the time i usually am today and its TOM for me . I read that women burn p to 300 more calories during this time and may be the reason for the hunger. Any thoughts or other information on this?

Replies

• PrincessLacey
    Options
    i've never heard this before!
    i hope it's true if so i'm so exercising more with my period!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've read it's more...think about it... your body is pushing dead blood cells out of your body. That's some major work! Doesn't mean you should eat more... drink a lot of water and make healthy decisions. Don't use it as an excuse to eat more.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    Never heard of this, but I'm not sure if this is true. The amount of calories burned depends on your weight, oxygen intake and oxygen carrying capacity of your blood. Not sure how that time of the month would effect any of it. :)
  • Idahoheartmom
    Options
    I haven't heard that, but I did notice that I get more hungry around my TOM
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    well i wasnt planning on stuffing my face with doritos b/c of it hahaha just curious :P
    Yeah, I've read it's more...think about it... your body is pushing dead blood cells out of your body. That's some major work! Doesn't mean you should eat more... drink a lot of water and make healthy decisions. Don't use it as an excuse to eat more.
  • adurk
    adurk Posts: 14
    Options
    This just made me feel so much better. It's my tom too and I am a lot more hungry. It's so hard to stay away from unnecessary snacking!