Hello~ I'm new to this site..obviously..

Options
I'm the type who's a yo-yo dieter. Meaning, I lose weight then gain it back very quickly. For example, if I had lost 5lb., & I eat a piece of bread, I GAIN like...3lb. from it. I know..weird. Then that cycle happens all over again. I want it to stop so I found this site.
Hopefully I'll lose some weight....PERMANENTLY.

Thanks y'all~

Replies

• larcm
    larcm Posts: 1
    Options
    :huh: humm..that is exactly how I am. Post everything daily... it seems to help me. Good luck!!
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you are going to find what you are looking for here.. Looks like we are the same height and I could not imagine being anywhere near 100lbs.. I think at the very BOTTOM of your BMI you should be 105lbs.. I guess I am confused as to what you are trying to accomplish..
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Make sure each time you weight yourself, you do it at the same time as before. For example I weight myself Sun or Mon mornings. You body weight will change throughout the day. The heavier you are the more it seems to change.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I'm the same way! I tell people that I can eat a piece of cake and gain 5 lbs. Its nuts... anyways, this site has really helped me stay on track! It's a lot easier when you have good support and resources to turn to. It opens your eyes to what you are actually putting in your body and you see why you are gaining those lbs... no more wondering!

If you are willing to make that lifestyle change to become more health conscious then you've come to the right place! I wish you all the luck!! :)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    The way to stop yo yo dieting is to stop dieting.

You do need to change what you eat but it needs to be permanent and therefore needs to be sustainable.

You shouldn't go on a temporary diet until you've lost weight then go back to junk food and over eating once you've reached your goal. It's needs to be a permanent lifestyle change in order to keep the weight off for good.

That seems scary now because it sounds like I'm dooming you to a life of bland and boring food. But eating healthy is not bland. In fact you'll find it's a lot more interesting! Junk food needs to be an occasional treat during a mostly clean and nutritious lifestyle.