Legs have built too much muscle..

Options
During the summer, I lost a good 40 pounds, I was down to 120, and I felt super good. I then had surgery on my tonsils and after that, I gained about 15 pounds, then when going back to lose it, I started running again, and weight training, and my legs have built up to being all muscle but are too bulky for my taste, and I just feel fat! How should I lose some of that so I have tiny legs but still am toned? I need to lose weight also...

Replies

• menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I don't have a good answer for you, but I wanted to ask you a question. Have you actually been measuring your legs (calf and thigh)? I was worried about them getting too much muscle too, so I kept track and they have both decreased even though I do lots of elliptical work and recently started running. My calf looks bulky to me, but the measurements don't lie. Do you know for a fact that your legs are getting bulky? Pants too snug, boots don't fit, etc?

A suggestion might be to mix in different types of cardio exercise that use more of other parts of your body. I've been contemplating swimming, but I'm always in too much of a hurry to get my workout done.