Knee Injury setback!!! :(

Options
Hey! So - I just started my 4th week with MFP and somewhere along this journey I blew out my knee....and my ankle. Not sure how, but it's quite painful to bear weight on either, Sharp, stabbing pains, in both my knee and my anke and I have no idea what it is, but it sucks. I was doing SOOOO well, more energy than I have ever had, loving working out and bike riding, running, and kickboxing.....so, what kind of exercises can I do with a bum knee? I can't stand having that as an excuse to NOT workout....If it was up to me I would just ignore it and continue on as I usually do. But my husband, the voice of reason, is not allowing me to. I need some good upper body workout suggestions!

Replies

• hayleywhelan
    Options
    I have just had the same issue, I have seen a consultant who has advised no running arrhhh! but cycling and cross ski and take lots of pain killers to reduce the swelling. Swimming is the best though as no weight is put on the body. Hope you are feeling better soon :)
  • summercooper
    Options
    I'm exactly the same! It's so disappointing. I'm not much help to you lol. I really just want my knee to get better so I cam exercise again and didn't really exercise much until two weeks ago :( I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Hopefully there are still things we can do :)
  • goodturtle
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not alone! I hope ya'll get better soon too!