running music? any other suggestions too?

Options
Okay my problem is im wired into my ipod. Im constently listening to music. I love it. But after listening to it a lot of the day yesterday for some reason it wasnt motivating me in my run. I have a running playlist with my favorite upbeat songs but last night something just wasnt there...

So my question for you guys is what to try? Can you run to audiobooks? Podcasts? I cant not have any noises in my ears. Dont like silence. Lol!

Replies

• Polish_Princess
    Options
    I'm a country fan, so I work out to Rascal Flatts or Taylor Swift. If I forget my iPod I ususally just listen to what's on at the gym, or in the summer the nature sounds. Hope this helps.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Adam Lambert
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I usually have different playlists for different workouts or moods I want to burn to. They're generally upbeat and/or thought-provoking hip-hop, if I wanna zone out during cardio. If I'm lifting heavy, I may throw on some metal to get me raged enough to max out. If I'm running out of songs on my playlists, I'll run my Pandora app and choose an appropriate channel for whatever genre of music I want to listen to.
  • Andromeda5000
    Options
    I tend to exercise to "Hooked on Classics"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=159sMOkEq5o
  • crazymgpilot
    crazymgpilot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've run to audio books before and it really depended on how "into" the book I was. A couple times, I was really into the story and the running didn't slow down. Other times, I couldn't get into the book and as a result couldn't get into the running. Everybody's different. Find what you like and go for it!