January 08' MFP people

Options
Ok, All those New Year resolution joiners this past January, I want to hear from you. Let's see how far we've come. It's been six months and let's share our success. Hopefully this will encourage each other to keep going and show the newcomers that this site is AWESOME and really does work if you follow it! Here's mine

Started 1/10/08 at 217lbs
Currently 166lbs
Final goal-140lbs

It has been a wonderful transformation and a new outlook and appreciation on life!!!

Replies

• GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Ok, All those New Year resolution joiners this past January, I want to hear from you. Let's see how far we've come. It's been six months and let's share our success. Hopefully this will encourage each other to keep going and show the newcomers that this site is AWESOME and really does work if you follow it! Here's mine

Started 1/10/08 at 217lbs
    Currently 166lbs
    Final goal-140lbs

It has been a wonderful transformation and a new outlook and appreciation on life!!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Great job!!!

Here's my info

Started at MFP on 1/7: 155
    Today: 129

I'm at my goal and seem to fluctuate between 128-130...

Kim
  • GIGINATOR
    Options
    Hi

Great job!!!

Here's my info

Started at MFP on 1/7: 155
    Today: 129

I'm at my goal and seem to fluctuate between 128-130...

Kim

Congrats to you!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Hope to be in the maintenance phase by some time in October!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Great post gigi!!

Started mfp-163 1/1/08
    Current-139(and stuck here-darn last 10 lbs!)

The list of things are part of new lifestyle would take me hours to list!
    -i run further than I ever have, training for 10 mile race in august!
    -i don't eat fast food anymore-at all!!
    -i exercise 6 days a week because I want to not because I have to!
    -i log all my meals
    -i am constantly adding new health foods to my dirt thanks to MFP
    -my skinny summer clothes fit
    -i have tons of energy
    -because people can physically see the change in me, the are asking me questions about how to eat. i feel good that I can help others make a lifestyle change too.

I have a new lifestyle that I can stick to forever! Now that I am comfortable with how to eat healthy I can make better decisions without regret.

I love MFP!!!
    Tricia
  • GIGINATOR
    Options
    Great post gigi!!

Started mfp-163 1/1/08
    Current-139(and stuck here-darn last 10 lbs!)

The list of things are part of new lifestyle would take me hours to list!
    -i run further than I ever have, training for 10 mile race in august!
    -i don't eat fast food anymore-at all!!
    -i exercise 6 days a week because I want to not because I have to!
    -i log all my meals
    -i am constantly adding new health foods to my dirt thanks to MFP
    -my skinny summer clothes fit
    -i have tons of energy
    -because people can physically see the change in me, the are asking me questions about how to eat. i feel good that I can help others make a lifestyle change too.

I have a new lifestyle that I can stick to forever! Now that I am comfortable with how to eat healthy I can make better decisions without regret.

I love MFP!!!
    Tricia
    Good for you, I have taken up running myself and doing a 10 mile the end of August! I used to tell my really good friend that is now a marathon runner, I will never do that, I can't. Guess I should eat my words!:laugh:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Good idea!!

Umm, started in Jan with 32 lbs to lose, was within 4 pounds of that goal when I left for a conference last Sunday, scale this morning said I'd gained 3 back. I'm actually pretty okay with that, not completely okay with it though.:laugh: We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided and it was all (unfortunately) really awesome awesome food!:laugh:

So, I guess that means, if I can subtract right, that I have lost 25 and have 7 left to lose. Right now, I'm fired up though that I let those three creep back on so we're in "kick as* and take names" mode to get the last 7 to disappear!:flowerforyou:

Congrats to everyone on their successes!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I joined in December but really started in January.
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I also joined in December but wasn't committed until January. I started at 189 and am currently (at least last weigh in day) 165. So that is a total of 24 lbs. I'm glad this post was started. It is nice to know that I'm pretty on target with others. I was getting discouraged hearing lots of people had lost more. I still have 35 to go.

:flowerforyou:
  • GIGINATOR
    Options
    Congrats to everyone,:drinker: Keep up the good work! Where are the rest of us?
  • GIGINATOR
    Options
    BUMP:laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    wow you guys are rockin!!!

I started on 1/29/08, 189...ugh...now I think I'm 168 but I could be less...my scale is broken, last weigh in was about 3 weeks ago...I feel smaller LOL....I have lost 24 inches in total though so I'm happy abou that! :drinker:

my goal is 135....size 4 here I come again...:wink:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Wow, just re-read all these posts and first, you can tell I typed mine on my blackberry due to all the grammatical mistakes! second, yea to all of us for sticking with our lifestyle change!! WE ROCK!

:drinker: Tricia
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 2, and down 45 lbs! Woohoo! If not for my busy work schedule and lack of regular workouts, I would probably be down a few more lbs.

Ultimate goal 150 ( and then we will see what happens from there)

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • GIGINATOR
    Options
    Felt like bumping!!:wink:
  • GIGINATOR
    Options
    Bumpity bump!!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Keep bumping this into Monday - today was a light day for posting, i am sure you will see way more activity tomorrow!! Have a great night!!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    I started MFP in January but didn't put down the accurate weight at the time due to my scale being broke. According to my Dr. I weighed 212 on Jan.2 and I weighed 166 on Friday so according to her scale I have actually lost 46 pounds. The great thing is that my new scale says 166 as well!!!!

My goal is to lose another 25 pounds but would like to lose 15 and then see what I think at that point. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10 or size 8 stretch. I have lost more than 30 inches in total and I feel absolutely great! I started running again and go faster and further than I did in my 20's and I have more strength and muscle tone from weight lifting! Better yet....I like what I look like now, at least in clothes...still not loving the naked body yet, but this is a great start!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I started mfp on 12-6-07 at 258 lbs my absolute highest weight (2 babies in a row killed my weight) now I am at 222 not huge loss like some but I will get there eventually. I have changed my eating habits drastically and am always looking to make things healthier for myself and my family. I would love to get more exercise in although it is pretty exhausting just keeping up with my one and two year old. My original goal was to be at 140 by june 26th of 2009 and I would love to be there by then but all in all I am happy to be losing weight and feel very educated in the right way to do it because of this site.
  • GIGINATOR
    Options
    Bump! Want to see all those success stories in the last six months!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Started on January 22, 2008
    Weight was 207 pounds
    Current Weight is 177 pounds.

Total loss of 30 pounds

37 pounds to go! :heart: