Early AM Workouts

Options
mlh612
mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
The only time I have to workout is 5:30AM and I have started the last 3 days doing this every morning. The only problem is, I am crashing by 2PM at work (desk job). I have been going to bed earlier and getting as much rest as I can. I only allow myself one coffee/caffeinie drink a week (due to stomach issues)...

Anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to stay alert all day. :yawn:

Replies

• beebug72
    beebug72 Posts: 5
    Options
    Maybe try every other day.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    What's your exercise routine? Also, look at what you eat after exercising - oats and other whole grain cereals or breads will keep you fuelled up for longer - just wondering if your food intake is the key...
  • dlindsay524
    Options
    I agree with david, I workout around 6 every day and have an office job too. I was crashing until I switched to eating kashi in the morning, the high in protein low carb/ low cal version now I don't have the same issue :)
  • MoMoves
    MoMoves Posts: 36
    Options
    I often have the same problem when I do the early a.m. exercise, so I am anxious to see what advice is given! Thanks for asking.
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    I seem to have the same problem. I usually do my workouts around 7-8 am though (gym is not too crowded). When you are feeling tired in the afternoons, try getting up from your desk and walking around a little. Get the blood flowing. Maybe a caffiene drink, but, no chocolate. GL!
  • rmmattox34
    Options
    Try a B vitamin complex for energy. It helps me. Take it after lunch.
  • angeleyes192
    angeleyes192 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am just getting on the bandwagon again hoping for great results:happy:

5721197.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I get the same way when I work out in the morning. I drink half of one of those 5 hour energy drinks, but if you can't have caffeine that wouldn't be good for you (they do tear my stomach up). Maybe try going outside for a few minutes to get some fresh air and perk up....or just take a walk to get some water or something.
  • vadarvs
    vadarvs Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle! I do 5:30 to 6:00 a.m. workouts too. I have recently started drinking D-fine 8 which tastes great. There are a variety of flavors and you just mix it with water. I don't know how this would agree with your stomach issues though. The ingredients contain caffeine, but its not like other caffeinated drinks. Maybe the store could let you try a sample drink first? It is suggested you drink it before 3:00 p.m. It helps with burning fat, enhance your mood, and increase your energy.

I wish you luck!
  • peteloafer
    peteloafer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    slow release carbs do it for me and I exercise around 6am

especially banana and 2 slices of toast - incidentally I usually eat (light) lunch around 11am to 11.30
    and that keeps me going till evening meal
  • fasttrack27
    fasttrack27 Posts: 324
    Options
    I get to the gym by 5:15 almost everyday. I have a desk job and work for myself, so there is nobody around. The quietness (while usually a great thing) can REALLY make you sleepy as compared to a busy office setting. Several, smaller meals and snacks tends to help me as compared to one big lunch. Also another biproduct of drinking lots of water is having to pee all the time - I get a few minutes to walk up/down the stairs to bathroom, refill water bottle, etc which tends to help me a little too.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    What type of food are you eating in the a.m. to refuel after you exercise/during the day?

I also have a desk job & when I do exercise in the a.m. I make sure I eat a good breakfast
    normally I have oatmeal & fruit or bagel thin w/peanut butter & fruit.....
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!

I eat oatmeal in the morning or a whole wheat english muffin with low fat cream cheese spread. I try to have some type of pasta/bean meal for lunch everyday. I am doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 1 and it only takes about 20 minutes. I drink water all day long, so I take many trips to the bathroom - but as soon as I sit at my desk I get sleepy. I tried a coffee drink this morning and so far my stomach is not enjoying it. My stomach is also sensitive to vitamins (I have to take the gummy vitamins).. I have a very temperamental stomach :grumble:

I will see how the week progresses, but I may take tomorrow off so I can sleep in a little... Thanks Again!!