Does anyone else feel sorry for some of the ppl on here?

Options
2»

Replies

• magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I just think that people take things too seriously or read into too much of something:flowerforyou:
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Unfortunately these people are everywhere in life. My biggest pet peeve seems to be the people that look for something to dispute or prove wrong. Grr. Like if you don't spell out everything your thinking and go into great detail to get your point across they just assume you don't know what your talking about and really just can't think far enough on their own to really get what you are trying to say....does that make sense, haha? Oh, and I hope <-- that statement didn't come off that kind of mean either. This is a SUPPORT site and we should all support each other (unless someone is doing something so blatantly unhealthy then we need to intervene to help). Everyone's bodies are different and their needs are different. What works for one may not work for someone else. We can offer advice on what we did to make it work but that is really all. We shouldn't force our opinions and plans on others.
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    I haven't encountered any yet but that doesn't mean I won't. I do know that they are here but i usually try to ignore it and go on my way. I am normally a happy person and I don't like to have mean stuff said ot or about me. I do my best not to say it back either. keep your head up and a smile on your face and keep up the great job you have done so far. We CAN overcome the bad and ugly. Just my 2 cents worth. :happy:
  • vpittman2
    Options
    You have to tune the negative people and things out. Keep focusing on the positive and as another blogger posted, they will go away soon. Be encouraged!!
  • Angela1303
    Angela1303 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think you find people like that everywhere, on forums especially, its easy to sit behind a screen and tell someone what their doing is wrong or right, to them their opinions the only one that matters.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Is it just this forum? I have been on MFP for almost a year, and have never come across anything like that - thankfully. Not sure how I would react if I did.
    That is unfortunate. As mentioned, we are all here for the same reason and should be kind and supportive.
  • emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    Sam? Watcha been reading hun?

I hope no-one's been rude to my lil old Sam!

Much hugs.

Off to read some forum posts now!!! lol

Em
    x
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I hate all you people!

Just kidding :drinker: :drinker:

I was going to say....never saw any negativity until this post. :laugh:
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hate the body builder people (not all, just the ones who have big heads) that think they are all that and a bag of chips (or in their case a protein shake... lol). It seems to me that they look down on the overweight people and flaunt their -67% body fat. Or how about the skinny people that say bad things about overweight people and it being their own fault and this and that...... Come on! We already know, and are unhappy and making a change. Support us! Don't make us feel like ****!
  • njp2011
    njp2011 Posts: 3
    Options
    Then again, interacting with negative types can be a great motivator. I'v gotten many an extra mile or two out of some interaction with a jerk or two during the day. And you have to expect it on the internet. There are something like 200 million people on the internet these days. If you set the average percentage of jerks in the population at about 0.5%, ( 1 in 20) then the number of jerks on the internet runs to about 1M. In other words, there are a million jerks out there making life miserable for the rest of us. Odds are you are going to enounter one or more in the course of your surfing.
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If they're nasty just block them. No reason to be like that at all. Life's far too short
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've noticed some rudeness too. Since January/February is usually when people enact their resolutions, March/April is probably when they fall off the wagon. Maybe they're being pissy because they're unhappy with themselves, so they take it out on others? Just a though....*pensive*

Shannon
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I've definitely noticed it a lot lately on the boards, and it hasn't been the subtle kind. I think it flows freely for some people because of being behind the keyboard and computer screen, and they wouldn't be so bold to do it in person.

I don't see the need for it, and can't understand what a person gets out of being so ugly.

Another thing I have noticed is others pointing out how rude a comment was towards another person and sticking up for that person that may have been hurt. Those are the kinds of people we all need as friends :smile:
  • chloe1974
    chloe1974 Posts: 18
    Options
    Right! I think they should take a step back and look at their ownselves! And quit tearing everyone else apart :)
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I think people, in general, are good. Insecurities reveal themselves in so many ways....some need constant validation, some need to be right ALL the time....and the forums, sadly, is an open source for many who don't have a voice outside of this website. It doesn't justify the meanness, or the crass, or the downright rude actions of some-- but I think stepping back and taking a look at the human motivations, is key in understanding it.

That being said, I agree with many posters on this thread. DON'T FEED IT. Don't add to the negativity...just move on and keep spreading the love- because that is my absolute favorite thing about this site :)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    That being said, I agree with many posters on this thread. DON'T FEED IT. Don't add to the negativity...just move on and keep spreading the love- because that is my absolute favorite thing about this site :)

Nicely said. Just ignore the person and move on. We're here to support each other.

Shannon
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I agree. Life is short so it should be good!! Let me take this minute to say that I love my friends here and I would never, ever try to make them feel bad about themselves. Maybe if I pray hard enough I can pray them right off of this site!! xoxox to all of hard working MFP peeps! Best wishes on this difficult journey!!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I agree. Life is short so it should be good!! Let me take this minute to say that I love my friends here and I would never, ever try to make them feel bad about themselves. Maybe if I pray hard enough I can pray them right off of this site!! xoxox to all of hard working MFP peeps! Best wishes on this difficult journey!!

well said
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    People on MFP are rather tame compared to some other websites I have been on.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    If you feel someone has been rude or attacked/insulted another user on the site, please use the "Report Post" link to let us know. Attacking or insulting other users is not permitted on the message boards at any time. If you use the Report Post link, we will investigate and take the appropriate action, which can include issuing a warning to the offending user, suspending their posting privileges, or even banning them from the site.

However, please also note that if you are attacked or insulted, you may NOT attack back, even if defending yourself, or you will be as guilty as they are. Use the Report Post link to let us know - that is the only acceptable course of action.

I've cleaned up this topic and will now lock it. But I want to remind everyone that insulting another user on the message boards is not permitted at any time, under any circumstance. There have been several posts made on this thread which violated our forum rules that I have since removed. For those members that made those posts, if you would like to keep posting on MyFitnessPal, please help us out by making sure to follow the forum rules at all times.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
This discussion has been closed.