New and looking for friends

Options
Hi, all. My name is Cat and I just started MFP last Wednesday. I made it back down to 177 after having my last kiddo, but somehow that scale snuck back up to 192.5 since last summer. :( I had also been heavier after injuring my back six years ago (I was 202 pounds for a while. Nothing is worse than having an injury where your mobility is compromised and it hurts to move and then putting on weight on top of it. UGH! Luckily, I had back surgery and just have mostly some nerve damage rather than the excruciating pain I once was in.)

I have set my current goal at 150 pounds, so that would mean I need to lose 42.5 pounds from where I was last week. So far, I have lost 3 pounds. :) What I need, though, is friends here! Without friends on the same journey, I don't think I can do this. I don't really have anyone IRL who is currently trying to lose weight.

Replies

• MeaganAnn84
    Options
    Hi Cat! Your goal is almost like mine! My ideal weight is 140. Add me as a friend, you have to have a support system! MFP people are wonderful, so encouraging. I have "real life" friends on here, as well as MFP friends. Welcome! :)
  • dru_howard
    Options
    I was about the same starting weight and my goal is 150 too, for now. Although 140 would be fantastic. I have been at this for several weeks, but haven't figured out how to do the "friend" thing yet so if you can try to add me, I would be glad to have someone to help motivate me and vice versa.:smile:
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cat! Friends on here definetly help and I can always use another one. :smile:
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Cat. I'm Rick. You can never have enough friends so add me if you like.
    Rick
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you would like.
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Welcome Cat!!! Add me too, if you wish :flowerforyou:
  • TanyaLee122175
    TanyaLee122175 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Friends on MFP are an awesome motivator please feel free to add me, my goal weight is 130....
  • chubbymumsy
    Options
    Add me too if you like :) I am trying to lose around 50, and have the same goal weight :)
  • mom2claudia
    Options
    WOW. This board is insanely fast. LOL! I *think* I friend requested everyone who posted. Thanks so much, everyone! I'm just starting to make my way around the MFP forum and can't believe how active it is. Glad I'm not alone! ;)
  • lowpost42
    lowpost42 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi Cat, I'm Ben.

Whittling down the weight as well. Gained a pound this week, but it's OK - I lost a pound of fat and added two of muscle! Add me if you like.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hello there. Never fear about not having IRL friends as long as MFP is in the picture. You're about to discover how fabulous this site is.

Sending you a friends request!

Welcome!!!
  • allypally9
    allypally9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    always happy to have new friends! Anyone is free to add me :)
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    Add me as your friend. We could all use support. I know that I can right now...be good for both of us