HELP!! Need a name for my new sandwich shop...

Options
I have been given the opportunity to open up my own sandwich shop. I have some local friends on MFP so please do not let others know yet. I will open it around May 3rd and it is going to be in my area. I have never done this before and never thought that I would but I am going for it and I am really excited. I am going to be open from10-2 Tues.-Sat. I will serve hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, subs/sandwiches and etc. I would LOVE to have some suggestions for a name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not think of anything!!!!

Please let me know what you think...............:bigsmile:

Replies

• mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    The Lunchbox. I love Roseanne!!:tongue:
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    I've always wanted to open a restaurant named "FUEL"
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    The Lunchbox. I love Roseanne!!

Love this! I'm horrible at naming things lol Good luck with your new adventure!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    Sandwiches and Such
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    The Consession Stand
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am jealous. I would love to open some of food shop. Like an organic bakery. Or a fancy muffin shop. Someone already beat me to the cupcake stand at our mall.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Google tips for naming a business and you will get some ideas of at least what to avoid.
  • formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    I love the lunchbox and Jessi...Fuel is awesome!!!! Thanks guys keep them coming....I can't think!!! We have one named the Dogg house about 1 hour away from us.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to open a restaurant named "FUEL"

i like that!
  • formytwins
    Options
    Awesome! I am jealous. I would love to open some of food shop. Like an organic bakery. Or a fancy muffin shop. Someone already beat me to the cupcake stand at our mall.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Google tips for naming a business and you will get some ideas of at least what to avoid.

I thought it would be easy but come to find out very difficult. So many laws and things to do. I am going to add on as I get into it and will have some treats...muffins sound good:)
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The Pit Stop? And I also like Fuel
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The Filling Station

Reuben's (A reuben is a classic sandwich)

Earl's (since the sandwich was invented by the Earl of Sandwich)

Sangers, Sarnies, Butties (Aus or UK slang ) (I quite like The Golden Butty....)

Munch-time
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    or Body Fuel
  • formytwins
    Options
    The Filling Station

Reuben's (A reuben is a classic sandwich)

Earl's (since the sandwich was invented by the Earl of Sandwich)

Sangers, Sarnies, Butties (Aus or UK slang ) (I quite like The Golden Butty....)

Munch-time

We have a gas station up the street and I love the Filling Station and even Fuel but my hubby said it reminded him of gas?? Munch-Time is great!!!! @Holly Body Fuel is good too!!!!
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    May I Take Your Order Cafe

Hi! Welcome to May I Take your Order! May I take your order?

Catchy. I like it. :bigsmile:
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Whatever the name, be sure to include at least one amazing, yummy and HEALTHY sandwich on your menu (I like to use pesto instead of mayo on mine) and include the calorie listings so folks like us can get lunch at your store every day and stay on track. :)
  • formytwins
    Options
    Whatever the name, be sure to include at least one amazing, yummy and HEALTHY sandwich on your menu (I like to use pesto instead of mayo on mine) and include the calorie listings so folks like us can get lunch at your store every day and stay on track. :)

Will do!! I am going to add more items once I get started! I will include the wheat bread and baked chips so maybe some will come?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    There is a local shop here called "The Dog Shack",they specialize in cheap hotdogs with a meat.onion sauce and sell a ton of them.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    "Fodders"
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Cravings! lol don't know, just came to me :tongue:
  • GrowOrDie
    GrowOrDie Posts: 42
    Options
    Random thoughts...

You want it to reflect a place where people want to hang and "have fun"
    How can people relate to as far as food, or good times.
    Like the "lunchbox" sounds quick, like concessions... get in eat quick and go.
    Have it be different and a name that is enticing...

Go with that see what you get... I will be thinking on it for you today!

(Family has a place that we help at often that has been in town for 40 years called George's Grill .... not original but the key to success has been a few signature things that only THEY have and people come from all over just to eat it)