Boxing

Options
aflane
aflane Posts: 625 Member
Had a training session last night and my trainer pulled out boxing gloves for me to use. I looked at him and just kind of said "Really??? You REALLY want me to hit you after the day I've had today and the mood I'm in?" He told me to aim ONLY for the smacking mitts (not sure of their real name) and not his head please <lol>. It was SOOOOO much fun!! I was absolutely dripping with sweat, and having a blast doing it. I think I may have found my new favorite exercise -- I even liked it more than leg pressing (I LOVE leg presses). Today my shoulders are a little sore, but it's the good kind of sore.

Maybe I can hit him again on Thursday (next training session). <lol>

Replies

• jforddesign
    jforddesign Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you enjoyed boxing, I would HIGHLY recommend martial arts. I am a kung fu practitioner and it has absolutely changed my life. It happens quickly too. You build up your joints, muscles bones, and stamina. And thats just the physical benefits. The emotional, spiritual, and mental benefits far outweigh them. You are more confident, disciplined, and centered. I found it easy to stay on my diet after beginning kung fu. Plus, you have the added benefit of getting to whale on each other at class. Fun! If you have any questions about styles or any other kung fu questions, shoot me a message!