Let's Party!!

Options
So I'm going out with a bunch of friends this weekend, first time since I've changed my eating habits. And going to an around-the-world buffet the same night. I usually try and stay positive, but I smell trouble here..... I'm starting to freak out about how I can control my calorie, sodium, etc. intake while being with all the partiers! UGH!! I'll do my best at the buffet, but do tell me - what is your suggestion for a low-calorie/sodium/carb beer or mixed drink??

Replies

• Diya13
    Diya13 Posts: 24
    Options
    any clear liquor and diet soda is only 60 calories, that's what i always get
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    vodka with club soda and lime or lemon.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Me too! Im going to Savannah, Georgia for St Patty's celebration! Prolly will do diet Sprite and Seagrams 7!
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Here is a good article that I found helpful. http://www.cocktailatlas.com/All_In_The_Mix/Mix.htm

Try to substitute for diet versions to save calories. You can also try to fill up on water before going out and maybe alternate between a mixed drink, then a water, etc.

Have some of the "naughty" foods if it's killing you, just watch your portion control and don't go crazy.

Good luck! I am going out this weekend as well....to an Italian place and that's my FAVE! I am on meds that I can't drink though, so that is saving me there! lol