Chicken Fajitas

Options
FitToBeFab
FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
I am on a blogging adventure where I try 80 recipes in 80 days! Follow along at: http://casey-thelazychef.blogspot.com/
The other night I made chicken fajitas, and they were kind of awesome. So I'm sharing!

Shopping List:
4 Chicken breast halves (I used 1.64 pounds of chicken breast tenders because I’m lazy, and didn’t want to debone the breast halves)
2 Garlic cloves, chopped fine
¼ Cup lime juice
1Tablespoon olive oil
¼ Teaspoon paprika
½ Red Pepper
½ Green Pepper
2 Onions
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cut chicken into strips (however suits your fancy really; mine was kind of chunked). In a medium bowl, mix garlic and lime juice. Add chicken, toss to coat, and allow to marinate for about 45 minutes. When ready, drain liquid; cook in a non-stick pan sprayed with vegetable cooking spray until lightly browned and cooked through.

Meanwhile, slice bell pepper halves and onion (separate onion rings!). Heat olive oil in a large (and I mean large! I had to switch pans because the onions were too much) skillet, then stir in paprika. Add onions and allow to cook slightly before adding pepper. Continue to cook over medium heat, until vegetables are just crisp tender.

If you so desire, place tortillas – wrapped in foil – in the oven at 350 until warm. I (The Lazy Chef) popped mine in the microwave.

Chicken and veggies make enough for 8 fajitas, 2 with two fajitas per serving (i.e. 4 servings)

Nutritional Info (Chicken and Veggies)
Calories – 249 Fat – 4 Carbs – 9 Protein – 43 Sodium – 201

Replies