calorie counting

Options
jodik11
jodik11 Posts: 64 Member
Hi, I'm new to mfp I'm a week in and have lost 10lbs. I started out at 196lbs which made me heavier now than I was when I was 9 months pregnant with my son. I decided it's time for a change and to get healthy again. I'm very excited to be starting this journey but I'm having troubles counting calories when I make homemade dinners, such as hotdishes or casseroles because not all of my recipes are the same as the ones in the food database. If anyone has any tips on how I can figure out what a serving for these would be that would be great! I'm in need of some friends so please add me my diary is on friends only. Thanks!!

Replies

• jentaylor412
    Options
    We have close to thw same goals.. I started on feb 1st at 191.5 pounds. I'm down to 174 and and trying to get to 135-140. Add me if you'd like for support. Good Luck!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    There is a receipe builder where you can put the individual ingrediants in, and how much it serves and then use that to add it to your diary.
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    have you tried their recipe calculator tool?
  • jodik11
    jodik11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Where is the recipe builder located?
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    I'm not sure...but try the "tools" button and look on the left at "recipe..." :smile: