Pep talk!

Options
So, today is starting day 3 with absolutely NO caffeine! I've only had water...water...and more water!!! I couldn't bare adding those unnecessary calories into my database! My heart belongs to a mountain dew or a dr. pepper can!! Today I have an awful headache and just want a sodie! It's all I can think about...gosh, I feel so pathetic just not pathetic enough to break down and have one! lol. Ok, ok, rant over! Thanks! :)))

Replies

• JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    black coffee?? Doesn't taste as good as Dr. Pepper...but may lift up your caffeine craving and headache.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Stay strong!!!! It is soooo worth it and after the withdrawals wear off you will feel SO much better!! I went for over 3 months without any and then for some silly reason started back. . .so I am breaking myself slowly. I was going to limit myself to 1 can a day (I drink diet) but Monday I only had half a can, yesterday NONE and today I am shooting for NONE again. Let's do this together. . I promise we'll both feel so much better. . .it normally takes about a week for my withdrawal symptoms to completely subside & then after 2 weeks I feel like a new person with a ton of energy and it's not "fake" energy!! You can do this!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I recently stopped drinking diet pepsi everyday, and the good news for you is after a few more days the headaches will stop and you will be all better :)
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You're going through a withdrawl! Caffein is addictive and for some it's just as bad a heroin. Give yourself time, just like breaking any addiction! You can do this!

Try adding like Crystal Light packs to your water. It makes it tast so much better and you won't get bored of drinking water!

Don't give up! You can go without it! I know I'm a recovering Mt. Dew addict too!!! lol!!!
  • indy2bird
    indy2bird Posts: 13
    Options
    Green tea! Caffeine and low in calories!! It will help take that headache away!
  • crnorwood
    crnorwood Posts: 29
    Options
    Stay strong!!!! It is soooo worth it and after the withdrawals wear off you will feel SO much better!! I went for over 3 months without any and then for some silly reason started back. . .so I am breaking myself slowly. I was going to limit myself to 1 can a day (I drink diet) but Monday I only had half a can, yesterday NONE and today I am shooting for NONE again. Let's do this together. . I promise we'll both feel so much better. . .it normally takes about a week for my withdrawal symptoms to completely subside & then after 2 weeks I feel like a new person with a ton of energy and it's not "fake" energy!! You can do this!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Congrats!!! Awesome job!!! And thank you so much! :)
  • Pretrina
    Pretrina Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile: Hell I'm new to this and all I have to say is you can do it. I am about to give up sweet's and I know I am going to go through the same steps. Stay strong and know that you have us on your side.Pretrina
  • Ledlefa
    Ledlefa Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, You can also try adding the individual crystal light flavour boosters to your water, might help with the graving for something else than water. You can get all kinds of flavours now and are actually good. I like the strawberry and banana ones. But if the caffeine is what you are missing, well black coffee or even with a drop of milk might just do it. Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • Ledlefa
    Ledlefa Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there, found something else that might interest you.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?ec=BC-EC11011-ProdID11184320&pos=0&whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11337539&lang=en-US.

There is a bit of caffeine but no sugar and will boost your energy at the same time.
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Joy and i am a caffeine-aholic! I used to dring a pot of coffee every morning before work and about 2-3 diet pepsi's a day. I a have been off coffee for almost 3 weeks now and diet pepsi for almost 2 weeks now. I rarely eat chocolate (except for Girl Scout cookies) so i am caffeine free for almost 2 weeks! I never thought i could do it! It was WAAAY easier to quit smoking! Eventually, the headaches will go away. They were unbearable for a couple days for me. I was about to drink a dp just to take the pain away. It wasnt worth it. Just keep at it and you can over come it! Good luck to you!:drinker: (thats water in the cup)