weight in

Options
how often should you jump on that scale and do your measurments?? My first week I jumped on everyday. I i was thinking once a week should be about right but then someone said you should do it once a month. others say twice a week. I think going for a month wouldnt keep me on the straight and narrow.

Replies

• rosenbss
    rosenbss Posts: 54
    Options
    how often should you jump on that scale and do your measurments?? My first week I jumped on everyday. I i was thinking once a week should be about right but then someone said you should do it once a month. others say twice a week. I think going for a month wouldnt keep me on the straight and narrow.
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    I think that most people weigh in once a week. Like on Friday, at the same time -every time, right after you wake up and have gone to the bathroom.

Congrats on your first 5 pounds!!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I jump on the scale every 1-2 weeks

Kim
  • 150lbs2go
    150lbs2go Posts: 104
    Options
    I think once a week keeps you very accountable...at least in my experience, once a month is nothing.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I jump on once a week. I started this new lifestyle on a Thursday and that is the day I weigh, first thing in the morning before I have had anything to eat or drink. I don't stress too much anymore. I have done this long enough to know that sometimes the scale can be a jerk! Just use it as a guideline and focus more on the measurements. Those WILL change even when the scale is being stubborn.

-Tam
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey! I think it's really a personal preference! I weigh in every morning, after I shower, completely naked! I have done this for a long time. I only consider having a loss if I maintain the weight for at least 2 days. This is what I've always done. But my official "weekly" weigh in is ...well... weekly. I was going to do Tuesdays this go-round (I'm recently starting MFP again after some bad few months) but now I'm thinking I may do Mondays, because that way I know I have to weigh in Mondays and will make better decisions over the weekend! So...I'm planning on starting a weekly weigh-in post tomorrow morning, so feel free to join! I wish you the best of luck!!! :drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I jump on and log it only when the scale is my friend. Which lately, despite my workouts and healthy tracking, isn't very often! :grumble: