BEST ALCOHOLIC DRINK WHILE DIETING???

Options
13»

Replies

• ohsosillyalli
    Options
    I usually do Captain Morgan and Diet its about 86 calories. You can find Voli light vodkas at liquor stores in a variety of flavors but Ive never seen them at bars.

Mm I Just LOVE Voli- I'm glad someone else has heard about it!
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    None IMHO - All slows your metabolism to a crawl - even 1 bevvie

I'm with you on this one. Alcohol totally throws off weight loss in a number of ways. Thus, i'll be sitting this year out :).

In any case, Vodka and diet cranberry is probably my favorite :).

I'm not sure that's accurate for everyone. I've gone from 123 to 104 in a year, and I enjoy wine almost every day. Could I have lost more or faster? Possibly, but I'll never know, as I'm not planning on gaining it back. Just saying that I doubt alcohol affects everyone adversely weight loss wise. I'll drink to you tomorrow! :drinker:

There is some truth in this, however, I too enjoy my beer and wine. I've continued to consume and have still managed to lose 11 pounds since starting MFP mid-January. Could I have lost more weight? Probably, but there's something to be said for living while being healthy and watching portion sizes. I'm losing an average of a pound a week, and plan to continue my current plan of action until I reach my goal (20 or so more pounds to go), and if you look at my food diary, I am drinking (and eating some chocolate) the whole way.

I'd say red wine is the way to go, as it also has some health benefits (not the reason to start drinking though). Light beers may also be a good choice, but I'm picky in that department and enjoy a full brew. I love a good Captain and cokezero, but I am a double shot drinker and the calories add up too quickly, so I have been avoiding liquor.
  • JessicaChester
    Options
    I usually do Captain Morgan and Diet its about 86 calories. You can find Voli light vodkas at liquor stores in a variety of flavors but Ive never seen them at bars.

Voli vodka.. that sounds amazing! I just looked at their Facebook- the cocktails look SO delicious!!

Is it available everywhere yet?
  • itschristina
    Options

Voli vodka.. that sounds amazing! I just looked at their Facebook- the cocktails look SO delicious!!

Is it available everywhere yet?

I live in Cali, so it's available here. My ex roommate from college doesn't live here and she bought it through this website http://www.1-877-spirits.com/category/voli-vodka-nd/voliND95 if you want to try it! I recommended it. I just drink it straight though lol