Polar FT4 question

Options
Has anyone who has this HRM experienced any problems with it reading your heart rate at all.
Mine has working perfectly up until now with no problems at all but today it couldn't pick up a reading in the middle of my workout. I adjusted it a bit, wet it a bit more and eventually it worked again but 1 minute later it went back to the same problem, it carried on doing this - picking up a signal then a few seconds later losing it again several times until I gave up with it.

It was definately on tight enough. Is this possibly a sign that the batteries running low because I heard it can last a whole year with an hours usage every day :/ I've had mine since november and used it most days for up to an hour roughly.

Heidi

Replies

• desperatetoloose
    Options
    I am having this EXACT same issue ..... can anyone offer advice !?!?! I am so frustrated since I just bought it
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think mine said it could last a year with an hour of usage, but there was something you had to do to after you were done to conserve the battery. You need to detach the transmitter from the belt. Are you doing that? there should be a low battery indicator, but I don't know if that is only for the battery on the watch or if it measures the transmitter too.
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Waiting to hear too.
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Always detach the transmitter from the belt straight after recording your stats. I don't know if it's a battery issue or if it relates to wetting the material either side of the sensor press-studs enough - I had one workout where this was the case - only had mine about a month, and find it very useful...
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good to know... thanks!
  • riskay26
    riskay26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem!!! I figured that it would work better since the price was so high!!! I would like to know the answer to your question as well...I have only had mine for 3 weeks. It is very frustrating. I have found that I cannot use it for over an hour because it stops working. And I like to workout for 2 hours so this isn't helping me...
  • desperatetoloose
    Options
    Mine stops working after 10-15 minutes when I am jogging. I read on the Polar website that sometimes it doesn’t work properly when jogging ? I am going to bike tomorrow to see if this is true.
    I am so frustrated since I just bought it … I will report back tomorrow.
    I also didn’t know to detach the transmitter, I will do that from now on as well.
  • desperatetoloose
    Options
    Today I used the bike & elliptical without any problems at all !

I think that the problem is when you jog on a treadmill …. Hopefully this does not happen outdoors as well !!