shape ups

Options
sandyw127
sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
i am debating on getting a pair of these for when i walk and wanna know if there worth it

Replies

• BriannaSkye
    BriannaSkye Posts: 135
    Options
    I loved my Shape Ups, they were th most confortable shoe Ive ever work!
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is that you should save your money and just buy a good pair of walking shoes. Ones that will support your feet properly for your walk and for the added toning benefit that is supposed to come from these shoes do some one legged squats, reg squats, chair pose (from yoga) anything that challenges your stabality will tone your muscles just as well as any shoes could.

Thats just my opinion though...
  • tknuzum
    tknuzum Posts: 52
    Options
    BUMP! Wondering the same thing
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have a great pair of walking shoes that I use when I say, take the dogs for a walk. Though I did just win a pair if Shape Ups. Not sure how they are but I figured I would give them a try at least.
  • ChrisPC
    ChrisPC Posts: 10
    Options
    I bought one pair last year and now I have 3 pairs already. Walking alone makes me feel so much better in the shape ups. I work as an LPN and I am on my feet all day long, my legs don't hurt anymore when I go home. But since you are Diabetic, you need to make sure that it does not hurt your feet. Wear them in slowly and check your feet more often. I love my shape ups and I hope you will like yours too, Go for it
    :)
    Chris
  • Degren
    Degren Posts: 80
    Options
    I have the shape ups walking shoes and running shoes (Resistance Runners). I love them both. I find them to be very comfortable and supportive of my feet. All I know is that my legs and joints are not as sore after a work out when I wear these shoes. I do agree that good shoes are important, and in the end, you will want what works for your feet and your body. Whatever you end up buying, be sure to walk around the store in them, and see how they feel, not just on your feet, but also your legs, hips, and back.
  • sollucky
    sollucky Posts: 1
    Options
    They are a very comfy pair of shoes. I've seen a little toning, but really not expecting much from them. Got mine from Kohls, if you have one in your area, they cost about half price there.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have heard that they are a bit of a gimmick in that the weight-loss elements are not valid. But, I have heard from several people, my mom included, that they are very comfortable and that they reduce knee pain. So, this could increase mobility and lead to weight loss through increased activity.

Personally, I would go to a running store and get fitted for a really good running/walking shoe. Cheap shoes can really mess you up as you get more active.

--Carter
  • HotLittleMomma
    Options
    I don't know if they really help, but they are SSOOOO comfy!!! Love mine!
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I bought a pair three weeks ago and wear them when I walk. I can already feel my posture improving. I do, however, need to make sure my potassium and calcium are adequate or else I get leg cramps at night...but that's probably true for life in general, isn't it?

By the way...I was eyeing Shape Ups for a year. The price...outlandish. I finally found a pair at Kohl's for $79.99 and used $30 in Kohl's cash saved from school clothes shopping. What a bargain!
  • heatherngary
    Options
    I don't know about the shape ups...but I found a pair of rock-n-fit shoes at k-mart for five dollars...I personally like them I can tell a big difference. I walk three miles a day and they feel so much better and it seems I have toned up with them and I have only had them for two weeks...Good Luck!!!!!